Hood hinge seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

steffan

SILVER Star
Threads
was ordering some other parts for the 25 year maintenance (vacuum lines for the brake booster, PCV grommet & hose) and saw these. For around $5 I figured why not. This is an Arizona truck that was parked outside for its entire life and some of the plastic parts are just crazy brittle.

BEC19CB1-988E-40BA-AE66-08F7E22DAAD3.jpeg

0279DF60-D50F-431B-AD46-B7B845002706.jpeg

0D80137C-0BF4-4607-A12C-74A3464C4F02.jpeg

Just what does that even do?

Probably still in stock because you’re the first person to think about replacing them. :)

Surprisingly built with replacement in mind. Otherwise taking that hinge apart would've been madness!!!! sure does look pretty!

yes! i figured was the only one who ever replaced them but since they were relatively inexpensive and i was ordering parts, why not. what exactly do they do? seal off the compartment behind the firewall although i couldn't tell for sure if it opened to the dash or was a separate compartment. i guess if nothing else it would keep water out and prevent from rusting?

I think Toyota did a lot of these little things to help with a 20 tr life span , I just put the hood weather strips back on and fabed up a under engine cover replacement and was amazed at how clean it is in the engine conpartment .

I think Toyota did a lot of these little things to help with a 20 tr life span , I just put the hood weather strips back on and fabed up a under engine cover replacement and was amazed at how clean it is in the engine conpartment .
Good gawd, don't make me say it ...

worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom