Any ideas to protect lower tailgate carpet material? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kabanstva

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi guys,

I am new to this amazing forum. I recently purchased an 07 LX470 for my father and am looking for any ideas on what to use to protect the rear tailgate carpet from getting destroyed in the upcoming years from hard use. We bought and installed the Weathertech digital-fit mats for the front two rows and cargo area already.

We go fishing and hunting quite a bit, so it will see heavy use. Any ideas on what to cover the carpet with that does not require any drilling into the metal?

Take the carpet off and replace with cutting board material. Several vendors make a pice that mounts in place with screws. zBV adventure gear and Labrak both make 100 series specific kits.

There was a member who had Seadek custom cut a piece of their platform pad as a replacement for the carpet. It looked like it turned out great.

Take the carpet off and replace with cutting board material. Several vendors make a pice that mounts in place with screws. zBV adventure gear and Labrak both make 100 series specific kits.

I've seen the LabRak product, but have not heard of/seen the zBV adventure gear product. When I went to the website I couldn't find anything - can you elaborate, or do you have pictures?

I just got the zBV deck for the 100. I have pictures in my email somewhere, which I'll find and upload. Ty is on MUD, but I can't remember his username.

As, in haven't installed it yet, and on a trip, so will have to rely on inbox

A search of "carpet blood" will tell you everything you need to know...

Can start here "Tougher" Tailgate

Here are the photos of the zBV tailgate board.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454609512.146429.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454609529.970287.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454609539.454867.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Anybody know how to get ahold of one of these tailgate boards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom