...and the Cruiser left me stranded. Battery issues? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cs130 is a Chevy alt.
Amazon had a Denso a few months back that was a great price folks were buying up for the 60. Just make sure it's clocked at 2 (where the regulator is situated when looking at it from inside the truck) and not 10.

Your wife and mine must be talking. I am starting to have stuff shipped to my work.

Just get a replacement alt nothing fancy. You will be surprised whet they can handle.
Mine when I got it had a crappy battery, 8 hella 500 lights, CD player poorly wired up, and it pulled amps just fine.

That same alt will now drive 2 batteries and a fridge.

Where did you get the alt from? Just a generic from a local parts store?
Does your wife only like new and shiney things? She was like, why didn't you buy a brand new land cruiser, I had to inform her how much they are going for
Cs130 is a Chevy alt.
Amazon had a Denso a few months back that was a great price folks were buying up for the 60. Just make sure it's clocked at 2 (where the regulator is situated when looking at it from inside the truck) and not 10.

Thanks for the tip! I saw rockauto had the 2oclock and 10 o'clock. Just checked Amazon and no denso. So I guess I missed it

Last edited:
I'm blanking now but it's a specific Chevy alt. I had a friend solder inline a resistor on the Chevy pigtail since it won't just hook up to the Toyota clip. And I had to figure out which in the clip is the 12v. Plus I had to modify my alt bracket too.
Call Beno, maybe he has a Denso... could be he swiped up a few.

I'm blanking now but it's a specific Chevy alt. I had a friend solder inline a resistor on the Chevy pigtail since it won't just hook up to the Toyota clip. And I had to figure out which in the clip is the 12v. Plus I had to modify my alt bracket too.
Call Beno, maybe he has a Denso... could be he swiped up a few.

I just made a order earlier this month, I think he's shutting down shop while he moves out west.

An alt is an alt. Just be aware that the reman'd ones are not always perfect. I got one from rockauto that was dead in a month. They paid me back but it was a pita to deal with.

Found this OEM part number online. A couple places still say they have them.
27020-61130

Hmm, there's a local place that rebuilds starters and alt's that has high ratings, maybe on Thursday I'll get the bat and alt tested and worse case I'll pull it and get it rebuilt?

She hates this truck like no other at the moment. Everyday parts are arriving and I get the "another box at the front door for you...let me guess, it's for that thing outside you said was gonna need nothing" and imagine a really annoyed and nagging voice
I get similar comments in a teasing voice...more of an ongoing joke done in good taste.

I get similar comments in a teasing voice...more of an ongoing joke done in good taste.

Lol, sadly there is no teasing on my end. My 3yr old daughter absolutely loves the cruiser and riding around with windows down, my wife has ridden once and she said she's good to ever need to ride in again

Lol, sadly there is no teasing on my end. My 3yr old daughter absolutely loves the cruiser and riding around with windows down, my wife has ridden once and she said she's good to ever need to ride in again
:( sorry to read that.

:( sorry to read that.

Partly my fault, she's from a really rural part of Ga and when we first started dating I set her up her first checking account. When we got married and she graduated college, I bought her very first new car, maxima, and when we had our daughter, upgraded her to a new limited Venza, and now with our son got her a new sienna SE premium. So she likes new stuff now, I created the beast

As a female here in this forum you don't need to explain partners who don't share thrills. My ex loved all things history and it literally put me to sleep. To each his own.

Well rebuilding is out, I called the only game in town Seldon auto electric and he said buy new. Said the regulators are. Notorious for going bad and he didn't want to fool with it...sigh

Haha... This thread is great. I love all the nagging wife posts. I just don't get what wives don't love about Land Cruisers?

I'll add a relevant story. I bought mt Cruiser from El Paso which is about a 10 hour drive from where I live (16 hours by Land Cruiser). I bought a one way ticket and decided to drive it home via Big Bend National Park. I figured it probably needed to be broken in again. It did well all the way to the top of the Chisom Pass, where my alternator and AC compressor seized. If you've been to Big Bend before, you know there is absolutely no cell phone service at all. There is just one phone behind the counter at the lodge. Needles to say, it was going to take about a week to get an alternator to me. However, I needed to be at a convention for work in just 2-days. I called my sister to come and pick me up. She wasn't thrilled. It's an 8-hour drive each way. To this day, she hates my Land Cruiser. She won't even ride in it.

Getting back to the alternator... The only replacement I could get out there was from Autozone. It was reversed clocked at 10, but I just ran a little longer belt, to get the regulator off the water hose, and it worked just fine. I must of ran that a few thousand miles until I had my OEM one rebuilt. Now I keep it as a spare (just in case)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom