1987 FJ60 Build (Dolores) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice dude and keep up the good work. Plenty of threads out there that have DIY wiring harness builds with them. First and Foremost start with Cams build (@FJ60Cam) as there is tons of info in there and think he has a couple links to guys who did their own wiring harnesses.

I'm decided to ship of the harness for this service. That and PCM programming is included, which I need anyways.

Good job so far ras0ne, very informative. Videos look great. Have definitely inspired me to start my own build thread. Keep it up :clap:

Cool thread brother. You need a GoPro for sure. You also need a knuckle rebuild. We need a good FJ60 video on that. Keep it up man. Good work.

I agree, we do need an updated one. In preparation for my knuckle rebuild, I found the following 9 video series from Low Range Off-Road. These are very detailed videos and offer lots of insightful information on a complete axle rebuild. I watched all 9 videos and they are the most complete I've found when it comes to knuckle rebuild, even with additional tips and info on adjustments. Once I do mine I'll make sure to document the process as well. I hope these help.

Had to take off the DS fender today, so I get get to replacing the DS door hinges.

Didn't realize you had to take apart half the front end for that. 50 bolts later.

Hopefully I'll have a video going over it soon.

full

Last edited:
Are you going to paint or spray anything to rust proof it inside there while you have that fender off? Nice work on the videos!

Are you going to paint or spray anything to rust proof it inside there while you have that fender off? Nice work on the videos!

I was thinking about hitting it with some Fluid Film or POR 15.

I did it to the front of the frame (Fluid Film) when I did some cleaning at it holds up pretty well.

I'm taking her to a body shop soon to get the rust taken care of, so I'll prob ask them what they think it the best approach also.

I was thinking about hitting it with some Fluid Film or POR 15.

I did it to the front of the frame (Fluid Film) when I did some cleaning at it holds up pretty well.

I'm taking her to a body shop soon to get the rust taken care of, so I'll prob ask them what they think it the best approach also.

Good call. I think the POR 15 is a good choice, then you can fluid film over that. I'm a bit OCD haha! They say POR 15 is UV sensitive so not sure if you need to paint over it too or if it's okay since it's hidden. Your body shop should know.

Post up what you hear; I'm curious what they say.

Good call. I think the POR 15 is a good choice, then you can fluid film over that. I'm a bit OCD haha! They say POR 15 is UV sensitive so not sure if you need to paint over it too or if it's okay since it's hidden. Your body shop should know.

Post up what you hear; I'm curious what they say.

Will do. The rust is mostly surface, so I could prob just wire wheel it and hit it with some paint, but with the metal these things have I'd rather over do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom