Finally got me 35's! Well 34.8's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
But big improvement no matter and they fill the wheel well just a little more. The top pic is 5 years old when I got the Duratrac 285's

truck33s35s.png

Yeah, hows the cylinder head, all sorted?

Yes and no, can't get the valves adjusted right, mechanics and dealers want over $1,000 to check and adjust,gonna try it again. Still noisey valvetrain and down to 9mpg but it runs great!

Yes and no, can't get the valves adjusted right, mechanics and dealers want over $1,000 to check and adjust,gonna try it again. Still noisey valvetrain and down to 9mpg but it runs great!

That seems really high. At our labor rate that would be 10 hours of work. I guess it must be a pita of a job.

Can you set them while the engine is running like on the 3fe?

Looks like your front bumper is pushed in, or is this an optical illusion? If not, what did you hit?

Can you set them while the engine is running like on the 3fe?

Nope, 1FZ-FE uses shims and IS a pain in the ass. You need to remove them, mic them, and either increase, or decrease the thickness of the shim to get in spec. Shims are about ten bucks a piece, I think. And you need a few special tools, which I have somewhere...

0900c152802617d9.jpg

Looks like your front bumper is pushed in, or is this an optical illusion? If not, what did you hit?

Haha, yeh since i took the top pic I bumped a tree or two...

Those fill out the wheel wells nicely, looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom