After Market Gauge Cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where I can get an aftermarket replacement for my instrument panel for my 78 40. I looking for something that would fit the orginal space (no cutting or drilling). The panel itself is all I need, I can get the gauges, but all together is fine too. If I could paint it to match the "factory" look would be perfect.

Attached is a pix but I dont know where this came from and I doubt this is a drop in fit.

Thanks in advance. - Dave

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1191563/Gauges.jpg

found this one from JT outfitters:

http://www.jtoutfitters.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_99&products_id=2104&osCsid=effd73fd8bdb326a31c095173100ee78

I'm sure there are others out there. I remember looking into it once and found a couple of different styles (guages arranged differently) but I can't remember where I saw them. Just search the web long enough and you will find what you are after.

In the end I custom made my own from a couple of sheets of plasticard just how i wanted it and to suit the guages that I wanted to use. Very easy and fun little project. You could fab one out of just about anything you wanted.

Good luck:)

*edit: WOW simultanious posts! Nice one Blueflame!

For direct bolt on guage panels try these three places. Each place has different versions.

btbprod.com
jtoutfitters.com
man-a-fre.com

I used a sheet of stainless, and brushed it with a wire wheel to give it a texture. It wasn't perfect but was funtional. The PO hacked up the dash pretty bad, so I used it there too. He had the holes already in the dash so I reused them. I traced the original gauge set onto the stainless; cut it out and mounted a new speedo, tach, and gas gauge in the cluster. This was 11 years ago, so if I had to do it over I would cut the whole dash unit out, weld in another that wasn't hacked and use one of the gauge plates they sell today. Luckily my 67 was untouched and I im going to rebuild the factory cluster to attempt to keep it as original as I can. If it don't last I'll do the same thing.

http://fj40landcruiserrestorations.com/70 Model Tub Assembly.jpg

I used the billet aluminum one from jtoutfitters. I bought it off eBay for around $40 with the glove box cover. I am having a guy near my shop make me a plate to cover the radio opening and the ashtray as well. If there is any interest in these two, I can get him to make some extras. I can post pics of the gauge cluster if you want, just would have to take pics so won't if not wanted. Later.

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread... I just installed the btb prod dash plate for the instrument cluster... I am interested in billet aluminum for the ashtray and glove box... I see jtoufitters glove box plate--- anyone know if it would match the one from btb?

Also wondering if @LS1FJ40 has pics of the cluster, ashtray, and glove box.

Thanks!
Alan

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread... I just installed the btb prod dash plate for the instrument cluster... I am interested in billet aluminum for the ashtray and glove box... I see jtoufitters glove box plate--- anyone know if it would match the one from btb?

Also wondering if @LS1FJ40 has pics of the cluster, ashtray, and glove box.

Thanks!
Alan

Holy thread revival! May have pics. Will have to do some serious digging. That was like 3 computers ago. At least. Will have to dig through the hard drive archives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom