Land Cruiser Importers(ebay-Goldendays91) Scammers! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know how the guy could be having a problem. "That one has always started great." Only heard that every minute or so.

I think they are in Charleston,SC now. There is a 97 and bj40 on EBay under alumavations. The one add for the 40 is the same Costa Rica import crap. And it's even yellow. It looks like the pics from the other adds. On the 80 I found the same truck advertised a few weeks ago in Missouri. I emailed for a test drive since I'm near Charleston. She gave me two times to meet up initially. But then I never could get another response. Something is fishy with this. And both adds require imeadiate deposit of $1200

She does have family in SC, flag that posting. If you go for a test drive, see if you can take a video of her, she always changes her looks. Total scammer. Share it with others.

I knew it! It ends in 2 days so I think I will flag it. I think it haves about 36 bidders and up to $5600 or so.

I reported both adds to EBay. Hopefully that will help the poor guy she screws this time.

If you are close by, I would ask to meet and test drive. Post the video for others as I did. Every little thing helps.

I remember a few years ago I had an FJ45 pickup truck for sale that I sold to a guy in South Carolina. They had my same exact truck for sale too! I couldn't believe it. Needless I left them a nasty email and contacted eBay right away. It looks like they use people's money to buy the cars without owning them themselves. I remember she called me a 'gringo loco' which I thought was pretty funny.

My natural reaction to scammers like this is to want to surprise them at their homes and remove body parts. However it's not worth risking the potential legal or punitive damages for such action.

Therefore I suggest the following course of action. Use eBay against them. Simply create numerous fake eBay accounts and secondary email addresses. Whenever they list a vehicle on eBay create a fake bidding war and bid the trucks up to 40k or 50k or maybe more. Be sure to do this right near the end of the auction to prevent them from pulling it if they get worried.

When you win the auction eBay will bill their account for a percentage of the auction end price....3% is what I remember. Now. Be sure to start emailing them with your fake email and fake personality. Really load on the fluff. Tell them this is a dream come true. Tell them you have saved all your life and this is the exact truck your grandfather had. Tell them you will come to Costa Rica to take a trip in memory of your beloved grandfather. Tell you you want to meet them in person and pay them in person because this is such a momentous occasion. Ask for dates that you can come meet them and pick up your truck.

Play this out as long as possible. Bid and win every eBay auction they have and use a different account each time. Put a halt to their scam sales and cause them extra headaches and charges with eBay.

My natural reaction to scammers like this is to want to surprise them at their homes and remove body parts. However it's not worth risking the potential legal or punitive damages for such action.

Therefore I suggest the following course of action. Use eBay against them. Simply create numerous fake eBay accounts and secondary email addresses. Whenever they list a vehicle on eBay create a fake bidding war and bid the trucks up to 40k or 50k or maybe more. Be sure to do this right near the end of the auction to prevent them from pulling it if they get worried.

When you win the auction eBay will bill their account for a percentage of the auction end price....3% is what I remember. Now. Be sure to start emailing them with your fake email and fake personality. Really load on the fluff. Tell them this is a dream come true. Tell them you have saved all your life and this is the exact truck your grandfather had. Tell them you will come to Costa Rica to take a trip in memory of your beloved grandfather. Tell you you want to meet them in person and pay them in person because this is such a momentous occasion. Ask for dates that you can come meet them and pick up your truck.

Play this out as long as possible. Bid and win every eBay auction they have and use a different account each time. Put a halt to their scam sales and cause them extra headaches and charges with eBay.

It is total BS people like this even exist.

However, the only way to stop this is for buyers to get more informed. Like first up the mountains in CR are not a dry climate, it is one of the wettest rain forest in Central America.

Next, don't buy or spend much money on a Cruiser without inspecting it and know what you are looking at. If you can't do that find a third party who can and does know what they are looking at.

Can't stress it enough, educate yourself!

People keep buying junk, s***ty sellers are going to keep selling junk.

I just sold a Latin truck. I didn't misrepresent it one bit. The buyer flew in, we went over the truck for three hours including having it up on the lift for him to inspect every nook and cranny. The result is a happy buyer and a good transaction.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom