Land Cruiser Importers(ebay-Goldendays91) Scammers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately, those who are too trusting in this world are bound to get burnt, often more than once.

because you sound like a retard, and retards usually believe in the big guy
The foxholes throughout Europe in WWll were no doubt filled by God fearing retards. And to think they wasted so much time praying to survive the day.

Wanted to post this to prevent the horrible ordeal I've experienced with Land Cruiser Importers....Angel Atencio. I bought a 1977 Bj40 from Angel after many phone calls and emails, she's a great con-artist. She assured me that all of her vehicles were rust free.......came from the mountains in Costa Rica where the climate is dry therefore no rust. Also she said they don't use any bondo or filler on any of their vehicles. In her Ebay ad she states "Absolutely no rust or bondo/filler". After I agreed to purchase the Bj40 she then convinced me to pay outside of Ebay because i would save money and she could give me a better deal.
So I agreed to deal outside of Ebay, (I'm a very trusting person and always try to think the best of people) another big mistake. Her other way to scam Ebay by avoiding negative feedback is to delay shipping. She kept giving me excuses as to why she couldn't get to the shipping dock allowing time to expire on giving feedback. When my Bj40 finally arrived it was a shock! The paint job looked like a rattle can job done in a dusty alley. Rust was bleeding through the paint, holes underneath filled with Great Stuff foam and so much bondo it was probably the only thing holding the vehicle together. The cruiser was leaning so bad to one side and Angels explanation was that it just needed some new rubber bushings. After a few mechanics with over 20 years experience dealing with Land Cruisers looked at the frame they said it had been cut on and was so manipulated that there was nothing that could be done. I contacted Angel and she said she couldn't understand what happened. She again assured me that it was their mechanic/painters fault and she had no idea of the vehicles condition. She said not to worry that i wouldn't lose any money, she wanted me to be happy. She told me to sell it and she would refund the difference to me. So after spending close to $20,000 I was left with a piece of junk. I tried to sell the vehicle at local dealerships but the feedback was the same....looks like a lot of hidden rust and bondo. I feel lucky that I was able to get 6k for the rust bucket and rid myself of the eyesore in my garage. Needless to say Angel never refunded the difference of course and just avoided my phone calls. I've made some mistakes in my life but this was the most expensive and stupid one to date. I know there are many out there that have been taken by this couple. Hopefully enough of us can spread the word so others aren't screwed.

I can't say I am happy to be writing here, but I too, have been scammed by Angel Atencio and am pursuing legal action to rescind the sale. Total misrepresentation of vehicle's condition, and upgrades that I paid for were not done... she said she forgot. Ummmm, how do you forget to install AC/heat, power steering and front disk brakes? The truck was supposed to be in working order, but it doesn't even start unless you spray starter fluid in the carb, all the electrical is shot, and the door locks were painted shut! All of this 6 full months after promised delivery date.

Doing business with Angel Atencio and landcruiserimporters.com / eBay member golden days and/or dieseltoyotalandcruisers was excruciating and headache inducing. The Atencio's mislead and flat out lied about the condition of the truck they sold me. Buyer beware.

"Too Good To Be True"

I am disappointed to learn of this... Was your transaction stateside? Perhaps the collective could create a sting op and end these situations?

"Too Good To Be True"

I am disappointed to learn of this... Was your transaction stateside? Perhaps the collective could create a sting op and end these situations?

Well, technically the sale does not take place until the goods are delivered so yes... and no. The truck was in Costa Rica and the business was located there but has since moved (husband, wife, and 4 children) back to Florida where they currently reside. I have hired a lawyer and will be pursuing this with the Attorney General's Office in Florida and Louisiana.

Yea, in Miami.... "Get 'em Danno"

Wishing you the best of luck, and keep us up to date, please.

Well, technically the sale does not take place until the goods are delivered so yes... and no. The truck was in Costa Rica and the business was located there but has since moved (husband, wife, and 4 children) back to Florida where they currently reside. I have hired a lawyer and will be pursuing this with the Attorney General's Office in Florida and Louisiana.

Lol, same here
That's because we were both so smart to buy a car from Angel!
I am actually in a bit of a hurry this morning... since the truck she sent me is a dud and my '99 4Runner is conking out more and more each day, I am going car shopping today for a gently used CPO 4Runner so I have to get going. However, I would love to discuss a legal strategy with you. And did you see the website someone made about her?

landcruiser importer will cheat you!

actually really funny, and then not so much...

@James90266
@birdiegirl69

To send PM, (conversation in new webworld) click on the members name, profile window should have 'conversation' link.

-edit- looks like you've figured it out.

Wanted to post this to prevent the horrible ordeal I've experienced with LandCruiserImporter.com.
Ebay name is "goldendays91" or "dieseltoyotalandcruiser" they keep changing their name on EBay. AKA....Angel and Leo Atencio. I bought a 1977 Bj40 from Angel after many phone calls and emails, she's a great con-artist. She assured me that all of her vehicles were rust free.......came from the mountains in Costa Rica where the climate is dry therefore no rust. Also she said they don't use any bondo or filler on any of their vehicles. In her Ebay ad she states "Absolutely no rust or bondo/filler". After I agreed to purchase the Bj40 she then convinced me to pay outside of Ebay because i would save money and she could give me a better deal.
So I agreed to deal outside of Ebay, (I'm a very trusting person and always try to think the best of people) another big mistake. Her other way to scam Ebay by avoiding negative feedback is to delay shipping. She kept giving me excuses as to why she couldn't get to the shipping dock allowing time to expire on giving feedback. When my Bj40 finally arrived it was a shock! The paint job looked like a rattle can job done in a dusty alley. Rust was bleeding through the paint, holes underneath filled with Great Stuff foam and so much bondo it was probably the only thing holding the vehicle together. The cruiser was leaning so bad to one side and Angels explanation was that it just needed some new rubber bushings. After a few mechanics with over 20 years experience dealing with Land Cruisers looked at the frame they said it had been cut on and was so manipulated that there was nothing that could be done. I contacted Angel and she said she couldn't understand what happened. She again assured me that it was their mechanic/painters fault and she had no idea of the vehicles condition. She said not to worry that i wouldn't lose any money, she wanted me to be happy. She told me to sell it and she would refund the difference to me. So after spending close to $20,000 I was left with a piece of junk. I tried to sell the vehicle at local dealerships but the feedback was the same....looks like a lot of hidden rust and bondo. I feel lucky that I was able to get 6k for the rust bucket and rid myself of the eyesore in my garage. Needless to say Angel never refunded the difference of course and just avoided my phone calls. I've made some mistakes in my life but this was the most expensive and stupid one to date. I know there are many out there that have been taken by this couple. Hopefully enough of us can spread the word so others aren't screwed.

Found this link from another victim...

Now operating under a different name on ebay User ID dieseltoyotalandcruisers Here's their latest cruiser scam Toyota: Land Cruiser FJ40 BJ40

Wanted to post this to prevent the horrible ordeal I've experienced with LandCruiserImporter.com.
Ebay name is "goldendays91" or "dieseltoyotalandcruiser" they keep changing their name on EBay. AKA....Angel and Leo Atencio. I bought a 1977 Bj40 from Angel after many phone calls and emails, she's a great con-artist. She assured me that all of her vehicles were rust free.......came from the mountains in Costa Rica where the climate is dry therefore no rust. Also she said they don't use any bondo or filler on any of their vehicles. In her Ebay ad she states "Absolutely no rust or bondo/filler". After I agreed to purchase the Bj40 she then convinced me to pay outside of Ebay because i would save money and she could give me a better deal.

Found this link from another victim...

UPDATE!!!!!!!! Now Angel Atencio has changed her website name to www.dieselimporter.com

I can't believe that one of her many pissed off customers hasn't taken retribution on her. There is more than one way to skin a cat. When the right person finally gets mad enough they won't be looking to go through the legal system.

Bejebus. Give her a call and explain how $1000 spends down in the hood.

I've run into more folks than I can count that would break knees ( and worse) for a c-note, and lots more that would make it right to keep that from happening ( speaking from a former undercovers perspective)

One thing I've learned from that, if you are dealing with shady people, make them believe you are worse ( might even be true under the right circumstances )

There are still old dopers that think I was running a death squad during my task force ( not undercover then) days....... they are wrong, but they believed it to be true, and it affected their decision making.

That assignment is long behind me, but it was still quite the learning experience. Either way, be believable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom