Instagram scammers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any legit purchases with this guy?

IMG_2827.png

Looks familiar to a previous post asking a similar question, can't find it right now. You could send a question asking about the parts, payment, shipping, etc and post up the answer.

Maybe check the buyer's beware section. I thought there were some instagram scammers on there.

Here is a link to a post - Instagram scammer - @cruiser_parts_garage - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/instagram-scammer-cruiser_parts_garage.1326732/#post-15243054. Many of these guys just change names when they are called out and keep on doing the same thing. Your instagrammer and the one mentioned here may be the same. Check them both out and see if the photos are the same. You can always try reverse image searching as well. A legit seller usually has some consistency in their photo location/backgrounds/lighting etc.

Click all images that contain LandCruiser parts? CAPTCHA!

My might be a scammer list

If all off the pictures are in different locations all the time

No comments on posts

Lots of underscores

No location for pick up

Super low prices
Yep, i agree. I reported the acct to paypal and fb.

I have run into a similar thing for 4Runner parts.

Complete new supercharger system, brand new out of Japan.

$2000😂

After the second message, without me committing, person asks where am I shipping it? It’s all packed and ready to go just need your address and payment😂

Here's another scam account using the same photos.
Screenshot 2023-12-04 110808.png
Screenshot 2023-12-04 112026.png

Please please please stop messaging with or following these accounts. It makes their time spent running the scam worthwhile and keeps them active. The more we can collectively ignore them, the sooner they give up because they don't feel like it's worth their time to continue. 15 people I know on Instagram follow this account. It makes it look legit when you go to their page, especially for folks who aren't yet aware of these scams. Stop all interaction with them.

I’ve never had a a Instagram, etc.. Is buying and selling even a common thing on there? Seems weird.

I’ve never had a a Instagram, etc.. Is buying and selling even a common thing on there? Seems weird.
It isn’t really common no, not for used parts anyway. There are of course lots of legitimate business that have links to their web shops - but they aren’t asking for Venmo via text message. These scams are easy to spot from a mile away.

Has anyone purchased anything from brandon_Cruiser_Partss? I’m looking at a first purchase from them and want to get insight whether they’re good.

Has anyone purchased anything from brandon_Cruiser_Partss? I’m looking at a first purchase from them and want to get insight whether they’re good.
They are ALL scams dude, every one of them that look like that. The Brandon cruiser parts page looks IDENTICAL to all the other scammers. Stop. Just don't. It's not real and this scammer doesn't have any parts. Zero. None.

Buy from one of the MANY trusted land cruiser parts suppliers, first and foremost a Toyota dealership. Cruiser Outfitters, Classic Cruisers, Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Cult, etc. Hell, I even make parts for 60s. Poke around the "Supporting Vendors" section of the forum, as well as the "Small Business" forum in the Classifieds. These are all people who have a great reputation.

Apparently my bumper is for sale. The only place these pics were posted was on Mud.

Screenshot_20240313-184539.png

Last edited:
Any user name with 2+ underscores separating is a scammer. Also chevk their profile for how many times they change their usernames is a given sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom