IH8MUD HQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somewhere behind the OSB hides the FToy...
20170218_180623.jpg

That is one worthy man cave Brian. May you have many useful years with it.

The ceiling (and the rest of the shop) looks great. Seems like a really good idea: bright, limited maintenance, easily cleaned, reasonably fire proof and a "good value" compared to other options.
Are you happy with it so far? I think this could be in my future.

The ceiling (and the rest of the shop) looks great. Seems like a really good idea: bright, limited maintenance, easily cleaned, reasonably fire proof and a "good value" compared to other options.
Are you happy with it so far? I think this could be in my future.
Ceiling was finished yeaterday....but it was a good choice :)

That is one worthy man cave Brian. May you have many useful years with it.
It's been a great space...for me and quite a few others :)

@Lil Rich taking measurements to cut @Mace 's 14bolt rear for the TMR Customs 15bolt shave kit...
20170219_131358.jpg
20170219_150010.jpg

I saw the video on IG welding that shave kit in. How'd it come out?
Great.... @Mace was unwrapping the center and doing the cover today....haven't seen it cooled just yet :)

Was your choice for 40x40 due to lot limit?

Limited space on our 1 acre parcel, yes...the size has worked well however. Enough room for two active projects and 1 or two rotating projects. Right now, I've got my FToy on the lift and @Lil Rich is building his "new" buggy. Other projects (mine or whomever) rotate thru. @MikeSmith and @havik (and others) were repairing their buddies TC chassis before spending the week here on Sand Mountain.

Of course....tho really, I don't need it. More space would only equal less shuffling during the hot summer when I try to keep everything covered.

Your hoarding comment rings true :)

Awesome shop! I jealous of your location for sure...

On topic, if you painted the walls white, you would believe how much brighter that shop would be.

The OSB that's been put up thus far has two coat if Kilz on it...finishing off the whole shop is coming this spring :)

My shop is a steel frame building and the guy doing the install convinced me to insulate the walls and ceiling. They used 4" insulation with a white plastic backing. I was amazed at how much brighter the shop became after they were done.

Lighting wise I did the same thing that Trollhole did. I have 42, 250 watt, compact florescent bulbs in the 12-14' high ceiling. The shop is BRIGHT. I also have 4 skylights, 5 windows and a large ridge vent that can be opened and closed via a chain dead center of the roof. At 56 I need all the light I can get...

I really need to put up some metal or wood walls to give me something to hang cabinets on... Your walkway is also giving me ideas about storage... It never ends...

IMG_6600W.jpg

the catwalk is nice...if you notice, it angles in the corner where the lift is...parallel to the front bumper, and allows one person to work over the hood from the catwalk while another works below :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom