New Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Left the truck with Aluminess last week.

They're currently re-designin' and rebuildin' the tire carrier at no cost to me. They now say they can handle the weight of the tire but not the bike. :meh:

On a brighter note ...

I very closely examined all the welds on all the custom work under the truck and found not a single crack. Not a one. Obviously, Vince is more than just another pretty face. :cheers:

Also found no damage at all to the camper. :clap:

So overall, very pleased with the results of such a hardcore test to the rig. :cool:

:flamingo:

Excellent news!

20 lb bike is an issue huh.. lol

Yeah he had jerry's on it too from the pics a couple pages back, could always just toss the bike on a hitch mount, be kind of a pita taking it off every time you wanted to pop into the camper though.

Front Reciever hitch...

The right-hand swing out has the fuel/water cans on it and suffered no damage. But two of the cans were empty at the time so very little weight. I have asked if they intend on beefing up that side as well and have no response as of yet.

Aluminess sayin' load limit on each swing arm is 160 lbs. Tire/wheel alone weighs 140.

Bike on a rear hitch carrier would destroy an already poor departure angle and be a huge pain in the ass for gettin' in the camper. No good.

Thought about the front mount as well. Currently don't have a front receiver but reckon one could be added. Might work but just not too fond of the idea.

I'll see what they come up with and then go from there. :meh:

Or you could get one of those gay mini fold up bikes and keep it in the camper! ;)

Had a long phone call with the owner of Aluminess yesterday. Great guy. :cool:

I'm thinkin' the latest version is gonna hold up. :meh:

Beefed up the hinges, added gusset plates all over, replaced the latches, leaned back the tire some, added support posts under the tire, and added braces to the bumper itself.

Check 'er out ...

20140228_1.jpg

20140228_2.jpg

20140228_3.jpg

20140228_4.jpg

Redesigned/repaired/replaced for free. :D

... and he's gonna fetch me from the airport and tote me out to the shop when I fly in on my next time-off. That's good stuff right there. :clap:

And yet another shout-out for my main man Vince ... perhaps the ultimate shout-out.

Owner Fella said they usually woulda yanked the bumper off my junk in order to fix it. But he was so impressed with how it was mounted he didn't. Bolts all perfectly aligned and marked with the proper torque. All the wirin' for the lights lookin' better than fact'ry along with the air outlet. He said flatout that the fellas doin' the installs in his shop would not be able to match the quality of Vince's work so he left the bumper on. :cool:

Wherever you are out there Vince ... cheers to ya my friend ... cheers to ya. :bounce::bounce2::cheers::bounce2::bounce:

Vince was finishing up the rear bumper Friday to get it out for PC so I can come get it second week in March.
Can't wait to see his digs and grab my new bumper!

I like the new latch setup!!

Unfortunately I can't take credit for the rear bumper install or the wiring on the rear bumper....

If i'm not mistaken Jack (Currently General Manager for IPOR, previous Ginger Tech) was the one who installed the rear bumper itself.

Steven (Shortest Tech at IPOR) was the one responsible for the wiring on the rear bumper. I did talk with him about subtle details, but it was his doing!

I also cannot take credit for any 80 bumper work..... I don't get to build those!!

Its good to hear that a very respectable company like Aluminess is that pleased with an install of their product!

Lookin forward to Chapter 4!!!

Random question but my son Will wants to know what became of your ass named Nolen

This thread is useless without pics.
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom