New Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what did lance do with your stock front driveshaft?

So what did lance do with your stock front driveshaft?

Massaged it...or so I hear...

They did butcher one up to get the truck rollin' ... I assume it was my stock one but not sure. :meh:

I basic'ly left half a friggin' truck settin' in their shop when I left. :grinpimp:

Int'restin' point 'bout LED headlights in the snow Mace. :cool:

:flamingo:

Reason I ask is I'm using a sd Front shaft on the rear DS for my 40. The axle end with the slip shaft is gettin kinda abused and I'm kinda looking for a spare.

You get your truck weighed?

Nosir ... ain't been back to the truck yet. I only get to see 'er ev'ry third week. :frown:

Don't need race car scales tho no more. Fella just wants axle weights. :cool:

Where you dredging now Kowboy?

Nosir ... ain't been back to the truck yet. I only get to see 'er ev'ry third week. :frown:

Don't need race car scales tho no more. Fella just wants axle weights. :cool:

Wait, where is it parked then? I have a 2000 stupid duty that could use some new parts ;)

Where you dredging now Kowboy?

Tryin' to start up a job in Baltimore ... weather ain't been cooperatin'. :meh:

Wait, where is it parked then? I have a 2000 stupid duty that could use some new parts ;)

At the airport. I'll be there tomorrow night tho so better hurry. She's certainly got some damned-fine parts. :grinpimp:

I'm down in Rockville if you need a place to crash I got an extra room, actually Gaithersburg.

Last edited:
So yesterday mornin' I sent Aluminess an email. Sent pictures of how grossly overloaded the driver's side swing out arm was with both a 140 lb tire and a 30 lb bike hangin' on the damned thang. Sent some sample pics of how I use the truck and and a full description of the intense drivin' conditions experienced when the failure occurred. Also sent pics of the carnage. :grinpimp:

They responded back promptly and profession'ly yesterday evenin' with a most excellent, well-written reply. :clap:

The gist of the reply is summed up in this exert from their response:

"We stand behind our product and we want to make this right. We have not seen anything like that before ...

... No excuses we will make it right."

That's good stuff right there Folks ... and I salute them. :cheers::beer::cheers:

The 37" tire they use for mock-up was evidently like a 4-ply and was mounted on an aluminum wheel. Only weighed a hun'erd pounds. So I had an extra 70 includin' my bike. :rolleyes:

We are currently discussin' design changes that'll tote the load and improve the system as a whole. I was never happy with the Thule bike rack thang. It was just cheesy. And the mods Iron Pig had to make to make it fit the 37" tire made it worser. So gonna try to incorporate a bike mount. And a sealed, lockable box for a Honda genset. :cool:

Once I get back to the desert, also gotta crawl under the beast and carefully inspect all the suspension, welds, etc to see how the rest of the ol' gal held up on that crazy sprint 'cross the desert. :meh:

Yes indeedy. :cool:

After exchangin' multiple emails, they have accepted the challenge, and even seem excited, to try to build somethin' new that'll meet my severe-duty needs. Includin' a bike rack. :cool:

From their latest email:

"It is customers like you that help us to continually improve our products and pioneer new ideas."

Mighty fine. :clap:

Their shop's just outside San Diego and looks to be 'bout a 3 hun'erd mile jaunt from where my tire and bike are right now outside of Vegas. So next time off gonna take the truck, tire, and the bike all down there and see what they can come up with. I'm thinkin' this is gonna be a pretty cool deal.

Not sure if you addressed the light issue, but saw this in the 100 section...LED without the bar. Quote from the build thread:

Let there be more light!

I've been absolutely thrilled with my IronMoose LED light bar but it is strictly a flood. While it offers fantastic light on slower trail conditions and as a flood at camp or during recovery... it didn't help my need for something out on the horizon. I have IPF lights on the front bumper and they had served me well, they are actually a combo set consisting of one flood and one spot. While the housings look near identical the lens and reflectors are different thus producing different light. With a single set of aux. lights in play, they were a great solution but as after adding the light bar on the rack, they lower flood became near obsolete and was literally drowned out by LED bar. The decision wasn't easy as the new ARB LED offerings are not tilted to the low end of the price scale however the technology is solid (built by Rigid) and I by far prefer the round light and easy fitment on my ARB winchbar. The ARB LED's are available in both a flood and spot configuration, as my flood needs are covered I opted for the spots. As I already had a high capacity light harness installed (OE IPF setup) I opted not to use the ARB LED specific harness rather I swapped connectors as my IPF's harness used a connector similar to a weatherpack and the LED's use a Deutsch connector. Beyond that it was a matter of swapping the lights themselves and plugging them in. Let me just say the initial testing is impressive. I still need to figure out a way to take some good night shots with the limited camera equipment/skills I have. I think they look right at home:

ARB LED.jpg

Those do look nice Garth.

I'm thinkin' they cost alot though. When I land in Vegas next week I'll actually be able to turn on my cheap-ass KC's and see how well they work. For 282 bucks I figured they were worth a shot. :meh:

KC HID's work great and provide a lot of light.

I have a set of the TRuck lite 7" spots I can show you on my 60 as well.

For comparisons sake..

From a generic statement point of view, all LED's are pretty much the same (as long as you are comparing similar wattages). The reflector design is where the money is for LED light.

Those do look nice Garth.

I'm thinkin' they cost alot though. When I land in Vegas next week I'll actually be able to turn on my cheap-ass KC's and see how well they work. For 282 bucks I figured they were worth a shot. :meh:

Yikes, you were right...$1450 per pair from Slee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom