Harbor Freight Winches (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any pictures of this setup? Have always been curious how a HF 12k sits in a slee bumper. Thanks!

Yes pics would be great...I just cancelled my ARB deluxe bumper order...gonna get the slee.

So, no "spacers" or anything are needed?? Looks like some people needed some extra parts to get the 12k badlands to mount to the ARB.

Sent with my sausage fingers on phone

FYI I installed Slee and Badlands 12k. I still have to run electrical and hoping that I don't need to "clock" the winch. As there are two bolts on the bumper, that with the winch installed took about 25minutes each. You need to use a ratcheting wrench and get "1click" per turn. But all looks good. All appears to fit well....I will update after running wires. Sent with my sausage fingers on phone

I will add that the fairlead looks a little goofy. Might have to replace it or paint it.

image-103537809.jpg

image-2358829053.jpg

image-1145088305.jpg

image-1346013030.jpg

I'll be picking one of these up tomorrow ($299 Sidewalk Sale). I have a Slee Blueberry en route that I'll mount it on.

They're 299.00 online right now. With a 20% coupon from a magazine it was 267.00 including shipping and sales tax. Too cheap too pass up. They will NOT honor percent off coupons at the sidewalk sale this weekend. At least that's what the flyer says.

Last edited:
They're 299.00 online right now. With a 20% coupon from a magazine it was 267.00 including shipping and sales tax. Too cheap too pass up. They will NOT honor percent off coupons at the sidewalk sale this weekend. At least that's what the flyer says.

They honored 20% off online??? I have tried that for the last 3-4x it went on sale and it never worked.

I settled for 299.00 plus a free infared thermometer.

How did u get the coupon to work???

Can't seem to figure out the reclock....any help..... Can't get this dang thing removed to rotate it... Have all this junk apart Sent with my sausage fingers on phone

Disregard I am an idiot..figure it out

image-813007033.jpg

image-2151647108.jpg

image-1928922818.jpg

Last edited:
To clock it, you need to remove the gear box from the grey end plate that has the feet to mount to the bumper. After you remove the allen head bolts that retain the plate to the cross bars, you will see 10 allen head screws that hold the gear box to the plate. Remove then and then rotate the gear box and reinstall all the screws.

Clocking changes the relationship of the free spool handle to the rest of the winch.

To clock it, you need to remove the gear box from the grey end plate that has the feet to mount to the bumper. After you remove the allen head bolts that retain the plate to the cross bars, you will see 10 allen head screws that hold the gear box to the plate. Remove then and then rotate the gear box and reinstall all the screws. Clocking changes the relationship of the free spool handle to the rest of the winch.

Yeah I figured it out shortly after my post.

I can safely report that the 12k badlands fits perfectly on Slee shortbus. I ended up mounting the solenoid box between the winch and the a/c condensor. Works and looks great.

The only down side is I have to pop the good to plug in the controller, as u have to come in from the top.

I tried coupon code and it didn't work.
Its says its "The item is excluded from certain coupon offers. Please check the coupon for details."

Screen Shot 2013-10-12 at 11.08.43 PM.png

The website shows it back at 399.00 and 299.00 with coupon. If you're in no hurry wait for the regular online price to drop back to 299.00 (You never know when but it does happen.) Then use a 20 or 25% off coupon (available in most any car or bike mag. Just make sure it's current.) Well under 300.00 to your door that way.

I tried coupon code and it didn't work.
Its says its "The item is excluded from certain coupon offers. Please check the coupon for details."

Got mine today. Installation was pretty easy on my 80. It took about 2 hours, including going to the hardware store to get spacer nuts and longer bolts. I was able to do it solo by hanging it from my ARB using two ratcheting tie down straps (thanks to whoever posted that idea here). I had to drill new holes in the fairlead plate to line up with the holes on my ARB, and remove the upper chrome spool bar so I could get the control box slipped in behind the winch. Everything looks to be impressive quality. Good hardware and power cables. The winch cable doesn't even seem too stiff. All in all I'm very happy with it so far,especially at well under $300. I'll post photos later.

Just picked up a #9000 BL winch for $279. I will be installing it on my 97 4runner when my new bumper arrives. I just wanted to say the reviews on this thread led me to make this purchase with confidence. I wanted to say thank you to all that have shared the good and bad of these winches.

97 4runner
86 4runner
STLCA
APPALACHIA CRUISERS

Just picked one up for this price. I did not print the coupon all I had to do was show him on my phone. I also bought the 2 year coverage that is good for any way I abuse the winch. He also said at the end of your 2 years to exchange it for a new one whether it needs it or not.

Last edited:
Just picked one up for this price. I did not print the coupon all I had to do was show him on my phone. I also bought the 2 year coverage that is good for any way I abuse the winch. He also said at the end of your 2 years to exchange it for a new one whether it needs it or not.

How much did you pay for the 2 yr coverage?

I picked up mine in Oct as well. I couldn't pass on the $299.

Had one recovery job already:D.

This has probably been tackled but has anyone tried the wireless remote yet?

2 year unconditional warranty was an additional $79. If ANYTHING happens in that 2 years it gets replaced. I was very surprised when they told me to replace it at 2 years with the warranty even if it was working fine. He said no questions will be asked and I get a new winch

..................This has probably been tackled but has anyone tried the wireless remote yet?
I picked one up and tried it. Seems to work as avertised. The only beef I had about it is about precise control. There is a delay, due to it being wireless. For me it is difficult to control it for short/tight pulls. IMO, the wired controller is more accurate and responsive but, for most situations, the wireless is more flexible and convenient than the stock wired controller.So I keep both available.

One thing, that's pretty obvious. Don't keep the wireless box plugged in, I did(technically another guy, but I didn't go check after done winching). The battery's on remote died, so I didn't worry. We'll I guess it got some interference and sucked it(hook) through fair lead and around winch about 6/8 times I figure, broke the housing where silver bar are off, and bent my 1/8" plate it's on down. Pretty impressive! Got a new winch no q's asked

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom