Crystal clear corner lens pics... please? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone post up pics of the crystal clear corner lenses...my search only showed the plain clear type...I was hoping for the bling crystal type...please??
airlaird

Okay im going to show the pic with the BRA on eh, sorry i mean with the ARB Top pic - Crystal clear corner lens and bottom pic - plain clear lens.
Crystal_01.JPG
Crystal_02.JPG
fawkdance.gif

Steve,

These are the ones I had mentioned.

Mot:)
crystal clear2.jpg

I have the 1st ones LX_XTREME posted available since they had to come off when I installed my "most hated" halo lamps!:D

HAha well those headlights are eithter hate'em or love em. Personally I love them and want to get a set in black....

Beware, you may get pulled over, especially if you get rid of the amber lower lenses. In PA, DOT code is pretty specific about replacing those Some vehicles have the amber in the corners and in the lower valance (like our 80's) and some vehicles have one or the other. I would think as long as you leave one of those, you could make a pretty valid argument. :( You may wish to check with your state DOT codes, though. My personal experience in fighting a ticket a few years ago educated me as to the ability of the "interpretation" by higher powers :)

Those are the ones!

Beware, you may get pulled over, especially if you get rid of the amber lower lenses. In PA, DOT code is pretty specific about replacing those Some vehicles have the amber in the corners and in the lower valance (like our 80's) and some vehicles have one or the other. I would think as long as you leave one of those, you could make a pretty valid argument. :( You may wish to check with your state DOT codes, though. My personal experience in fighting a ticket a few years ago educated me as to the ability of the "interpretation" by higher powers :)

I'll keep that in mind...honestly, the Police around here would never notice that anyway, but I appreciate it!
airlaird

I just got a set of clears and they came with clear bulbs, dont you have to run ambers with these?
Thanks

I just got a set of clears and they came with clear bulbs, dont you have to run ambers with these?
Thanks

Where did you get your lights from; OEM or aftermarket?

The JDM models came with clear ones and did have a clear bulb in them that lit up brighter when you turned on turning signals.

I think that the US-spec models had the amber lenses for DOT requirement.

So you should at least put a strip of amber reflector tape on/below the lense and you "might" be OK legally.

mot,
They are aftermarket corner lenses, so with these lights and the turn signals being clear, there will be no amber on the front of the vehicle, seems to me the bulb should be amber. Ill go out and get some 168's in amber. Thanks for your help as always, ill be getting with you shortly for the rest of my clear lights.

-john

I always had clear bulbs in mine w/o any problems but I'd think having amber bulbs would alleviate any issues.

Where did you get your lights from; OEM or aftermarket?

The JDM models came with clear ones and did have a clear bulb in them that lit up brighter when you turned on turning signals.

I think that the US-spec models had the amber lenses for DOT requirement.

So you should at least put a strip of amber reflector tape on/below the lense and you "might" be OK legally.

Yeah the amber is a DOT requirement. So those are really supposed to be cornering lamps then? I had those in my 89 Maxima and really liked them. Stupid DOT regs. Sure you have to have an amber corner light but turn signals don't have to be visible from the side :rolleyes:

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108 states:

Side marker lamps...On each side...1 red as far to the rear as practicable, and 1 amber as far to the front as practicable.

Reflex reflectors...On each side...1 red as far to the rear as practicable, and 1 amber as far to the front as practicable.

On the Lexus LX450 OEM front clear corner lamp, there is a strip of amber facing the side. The amber strip gives off the amber colored light to the side and also doubles as a amber reflector.

I noticed that the all clear tail lights come with a red reflectors that can be taped/glued to the taillight. Is the reflector transparent/semi-transparent so that the filtered red light shines thru? I am thinking about adding a amber reflector, cut from a bicycle reflector, to fit over the side of the front clear light to be DOT/FMVSS legal.

I have the 1st ones LX_XTREME posted available since they had to come off when I installed my "most hated" halo lamps!:D
SOLD!

I do have the Lexus version Corner lenses if anyone with a LC like to change to. It's like the one LX_XTREME posted(2nd pic) but with the amber strip at the end. You get a more clear look than the solid amber LC's have and still be DOT approved!:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom