Free Koni's in Kentucky . . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nmia.com
Possibility for free Koni shocks for someone willing to part with their LC/LX for 3-5 days:

http://www.koni-na.com/testfits.cfm

If there's enough interest, we might get Koni-NA to spec shocks for us. They did have them listed at one time but only as a special order item & I was never able to get a reseller to pursue them.

They already make "off road" shocks for the IFS V8 but they are not available in the US. All they need to do is ship them over.

I called them 2 year ago a talk to a few engineer and sales people. The could not even price the set for me. I was inquiring about the their RAID series and the only response I got was they factory that build them in France are closed and no further information about the product if they are going to be produced again somewhere or not.

Actually there is a custom outfit that do custom Koni Revalving, shortening or extending in Columbus OH and might be able to get the same result for about $200 each which is a bit too much for me.

if someone didnt even want to part with their truck for 5 days for a free set of Gibson headers, who the hell wants to part with it for a set of shocks? Ok sorry, odd way to look at it but i still wish someone would go do that, since i have school and cant drive cross country to do it.

I e-mailed Koni-NA and they are still available, 4-6 weeks delivery, special order. I'm waiting for pricing info.

UZJ100
Koni fronts, 8240-1183SPX
rears, 8240-1184SPX

Would be great to know the compressed and extended lengths too.

KONI
8240-1183 SPX / 11.73 / 298 / 17.44 / 443 / 5.71 / 145
8240-1184 SPX / 14.48 / 368 / 23.03 / 585 / 8.54 / 217

KONI - Koni are available thru special order but only the standard length at this time. The Raid version have been out of stock for some time and the factory in France closed out.

Specs
8240-1183 SPX - 11.73in/298mm Compressed - 17.44in/443mm Extended - 5.71in/145mm Travel
8240-1184 SPX 14.48in/368mm Compressed - 23.03in/585mm Extended - 8.54in/217mm Travel

Thanks NMuzj100 & Augie!

I took the liberty of compiling them all on one easy to read spreadsheet. Please send me all your specs and I'll revise this. I would also like to add the stock LC and LX AHC shock specs. I am assuming the measurements are from the center of the bolt hole (bottom) to the flat portion at the top of the shock absorber?
shocks.jpg

Thanks NMuzj100 & Augie!

I took the liberty of compiling them all on one easy to read spreadsheet. Please send me all your specs and I'll revise this. I would also like to add the stock LC and LX AHC shock specs. I am assuming the measurements are from the center of the bolt hole (bottom) to the flat portion at the top of the shock absorber?

Good job Les...but shouldn't your N73L be a N74L (sorry to be a nit)?

:doh: You are correct! The above should read N74L for the rear shock. The specs are correct though (according to Slee's site).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom