Odometer / ECU Mileage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at a 100 as a second cruiser. I've found what appears to be a good deal my question is where is the mileage stored? This one has had the cluster replaced, due to a scratch in the plastic (seams odd to replace the entire cluster) If the mileage is stored in the cluster odo then it almost has to be off. If in the ECU (or elsewhere) would it auto set the new cluster to read the correct mileage?

One could replace either.

Are there records in Carfax or AutoCheck that would show mileage for the VIN? A dealer should have access to some mileage records, if you have a good relationship with one.

Mileage is 98K with an asking price of $15K. I am thinking it pretty fishy myself but the ride is in perfect condition with everything I want. This guy seams to be on the up n up. Its the PO that I don't know about.

If the odometer was replaced, I believe that by law, the speedo shop or dealer that does the work must wind it back up to the previous odometer reading. Who performed the odometer change? All you need to do is replace the clear plastic, not the entire cluster unit. Sounds fishy to me, too.

I don't know who changed it as it was the PO and the CO doesn't know. I think I'm going to pass.

that was a good question. ECU seems more likely.
Sure answer?

Toyota Ecu doesn't record milage,it's keep in memory with the display.When a odo is change certificate should be presented with the repair,why it was change and with the orginal milage,if it's done by repitable shop.I would run from it.
What year is the truck?that price seams low for that milage.

If you like the truck I would take the VIN and visit the local dealers to see if they have records of it being in the shop. The gauge cluster is something likely changed at a dealer if it was legit. Check for a Timing belt change sticker too.

Does the ECU store a "Total hours" figure ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom