Catalytic converters on a '93 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone used Magnaflow #24455 to replace catalytic converters on a '93?
If so - did the heat shield still fit?

I used these on my '94 which I believe is the same setup ('93 and '94 only)...they fit perfectly...I didn't mess with the heat shield as these are much smaller overall than the OEM cats, so not up as close to the bottom of the truck. White Knuckles help with some protection too....

In this pic, you can see what looks like a hole where the cats are...shows how much lower profile they are than the OEMs. Wish I could tuck the cat protection part of the slider up some, but the WN's fit so well and it's integral to their mounting, I can live with it!

How did you go chase? i need to do something similar.
I didn't do anything yet; for now, @richardlillard1 convinced me to leave the cats on the truck alone.

The truck did pass emissions since the head work, hydrocarbons at idle still high but below the limit. The idle on the truck is low, so that might be an issue. My chevy-small-block-carburetor-trained brain sez just advance the timing, but that might not play well with the S/C on that truck.

I inquired with @BILT4ME re use of the heat shield with MF cats, but unfortunately the thread link he kindly sent didn't work.

I want to retain the (or a...) heat shield and not cook the passenger floor. The truck has the WK sliders. Haven't been under there to look, but perhaps I could make a heat shield that bolts to the sliders.

Maybe the link will work now......

This was a parts list of what I used.
Yes, the heat shields will work with the aftermarket cats, as the shields are attached to the floor. The MF cats do NOT have an additional layer like the Toyota ones do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom