For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

With gas prices being up, do you guys think it could push 200 series prices down?
No. If you can afford a Landcruiser, then you should be able to afford the fuel costs. An extra $100-200 per month for fuel shouldn't be the reason to sell the LC in my opinion. If it is, then the owner was living on the edge anyway.

No. If you can afford a Landcruiser, then you should be able to afford the fuel costs. An extra $100-200 per month for fuel shouldn't be the reason to sell the LC in my opinion. If it is, then the owner was living on the edge anyway.
Agree. I think, only if LC300 is made available to the US market then prices for 200 might be impacted.

Might not be a reason to sell one.. but might be a reason not to buy one. or at least hold off the purchase to see what happens.. thus creating less demand.. and downward price pressure.

With gas prices being up, do you guys think it could push 200 series prices down?
Of course. Simple economic laws. If gas was $0 there’d be plenty of more buyers you’d be competing with. Conversely if gas was $100/gal you’d be competing with very few buyers.

Here's one - no affiliation: 2011 - 151k miles - $34,900

Right?!? He wasn’t doing it out of the kindness of his heart. Maybe he already has a buyer. Again, if I had a net worth of 500 mil, I would certainly pay $110k or $120k for the right LC.

Ok, so i found my LC listed by a dealer in Texas for $106K.

Wholesaler bought from me for $98K and drove to the auction in Charlotte (~2hrs from me), another dealer bought from auction in Charlotte and transported to Dallas area. I made $8K and got to drive it for a year, 2 dealers split additional $8K. Those are some thin margins.

I just dropped off my 200 for service and saw a Blizzard pearl ‘20 HE with 14k on it at Arlington Toyota in Jacksonville, FL. Doesn’t even have a sticker on the window yet, but the sales guy said they’re asking $95k.

Edit: No third row, and it has the roof basket in the cargo area and a set of Terra Grapplers which appear to have been installed when it was newish (i.e. based on their appearance, 14k miles wouldn't be out of the question for them.) I didn't check the under carriage, but I'd be surprised if this hasn't been a Florida truck the whole time – the sales guy said it was the dealership owner's, but I know that seems to be a go-to line these days regardless of the actual circumstances.

Edit 2: Currently listed on the website @ $89.9k Pre-Owned 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition 4WD 4D Sport Utility, $89,881 Am I crazy, or is that actually pretty reasonable in this market?

Last edited:
Has anyone else seen ridiculously low trade-in/cash offers from dealerships right now? Im struggling to figure out whats happening. Ive got a 2009 with 160,600 miles, good condition, very minimal rust, and really a good example of an LC. Ive gotten quotes from Vroom/Carmax/Carvana all in the $17.5-21.5k range, and have received offers from two local dealerships for $21 and $22. I did the KBB instant cash offer on two additional dealerships, both written offers were $28k, which seemed about right to me for a dealership purchase, but upon having those dealerships run their "actual numbers" on the vehicle, they both came back down to $20k.... anyone else noticing this? Obviously its easier to get premium money from a private sale, but these numbers seem to miss the mark rather dramatically.

Has anyone else seen ridiculously low trade-in/cash offers from dealerships right now? Im struggling to figure out whats happening. Ive got a 2009 with 160,600 miles, good condition, very minimal rust, and really a good example of an LC. Ive gotten quotes from Vroom/Carmax/Carvana all in the $17.5-21.5k range, and have received offers from two local dealerships for $21 and $22. I did the KBB instant cash offer on two additional dealerships, both written offers were $28k, which seemed about right to me for a dealership purchase, but upon having those dealerships run their "actual numbers" on the vehicle, they both came back down to $20k.... anyone else noticing this? Obviously its easier to get premium money from a private sale, but these numbers seem to miss the mark rather dramatically.
Based on my research, that’s a 30k truck private party. I do think that fuel economy and a weak stock market is hurting values.

Yeah I completely agree... I certainly had it pegged in the $30-32 ballpark private party, so I was definitely anticipating more of an upper 20s type offer for trade and dealer purchase. Its not my first rodeo with dealership appraisals, I was just shocked at the discrepancy between what multiple dealers offered, and what the going prices on 200s are... It also blows my mind that dealerships would come in $8k under what the KBB instant offer at their own dealership was, but I suppose thats just the nature of the beast.

Yeah I completely agree... I certainly had it pegged in the $30-32 ballpark private party, so I was definitely anticipating more of an upper 20s type offer for trade and dealer purchase. Its not my first rodeo with dealership appraisals, I was just shocked at the discrepancy between what multiple dealers offered, and what the going prices on 200s are... It also blows my mind that dealerships would come in $8k under what the KBB instant offer at their own dealership was, but I suppose thats just the nature of the beast.
Not surprising unfortunately. When I bought my 200, the dealer offered me $8k for my 2006 LX470 with 140k miles.

Spoiler alert: I declined their offer.

Hell I was offered 49k for my 2016 LC w 65k. I was just curious on offers. I didn't see correlation between the offer and what used ones are going for.

Hell I was offered 49k for my 2016 LC w 65k. I was just curious on offers. I didn't see correlation between the offer and what used ones are going for.
That vehicle will sell for $60K plus at the dealership.

At least a 20% mark up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom