Spotted: Heeps & assorted autos (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ace10

Another one bites the dust!
Threads
There was talk a while back of spinning off a thread for other sightings to keep the "Spotted" thread exclsively for local Toyotas.

I've got a few pics to share:

Outside a car stereo shop in Sterling, because where else?

20210709_131545.jpg

Love this Daihatsu Rocky I saw last winter on Rte 7 in Western LoCo. Super clean

20220104_120756.jpg

Unzips pants... whips out phone... scrolls through car pics... so many to share. Welp... here it goes...

Here’s my buddy’s 911R-RWB Narrow Backdate/EFI rebuild that he put together in Tokyo a couple years ago. I might visit him in UAE and do an Oman trip in a 70 series in the next few years.

I think this Porsche is a beaut. It’s got a Japanese tuning flair to it. Another friend of mine who is more of a purist, is pretty upset with this car actually. Feel free to thumbs up or thumbs down on it:

C5057D3D-5CF2-4826-A3B2-09351CA84AC8.png

Here's more info on the tuner my buddy hired for this thing:

Last edited:
Unzips pants... whips out phone... scrolls through car pics... so many to share. Welp... here it goes...

Here’s my buddy’s 911R-RWB Narrow Backdate/EFI rebuild that he put together in Tokyo a couple years ago. I might visit him in UAE and do an Oman trip in a 70 series in the next few years.

I think this Porsche is a beaut. It’s got a Japanese tuning flair to it. Another friend of mine who is more of a purist, is pretty upset with this car actually. Feel free to thumbs up or thumbs down on it:

Needs a RTT.

Had to do a double take on this one. Luckily he was stopped at a light so I had time to grab my phone.

In Leesburg.

20220419_110557.jpg

That's a 2nd Gen with a snorkel AND a wing

There was talk a while back of spinning off a thread for other sightings to keep the "Spotted" thread exclsively for local Toyotas.

View attachment 2988096
one would be lead to believe that nighttime on Earth actually turns the air into squid ink with the total amounts of separately mounted, supplementary LED spot lights on off-road vehicles these days. The phenomena is intriguing to observe.

View attachment 2988096
I had a heep drive by out front of my place today with huge red fangs in the grill- as shown below. Super angry looking. I got out of his way in a hurry. Must be a certified bada-s driving such a rig on city streets in public and everything.

1650680580020.jpeg

Looks pretty good in white with white steelies, tall skinnies and the rackView attachment 2989539
It doesn’t really sound like you’re trying to make fun of it.

Looks good and is good are two different things. Don’t forget that. This is about being a Toyota fanboy. You can’t support the enemy. This is tribal.

In case you couldn’t tell, this was tongue in cheek. It is always a struggle for us Toyota fans to try really hard to remember that Chrysler vehicles are often not great investments. They sure are pretty cool and fun vehicles, but Toyota’s engineering and reliability should be worth the loyalty in the medium and long term. Ive heard tons of jeep owners complain about rattles, bad ride, and absurd reliability issues. To be fair, I’ve also heard of a few who have had great experiences with their jeeps and are loyal jeep fanboys.

One great example is the guy who took his wranglers across central and south America and then the whole of Africa.

Dan Grec

1650686883962.jpeg

Absolutely nobody likes Dan Grec’s channel? Dude traveled all over the world. And none of you guys like or dislike jeeps?

And you guys liked iptmans porsche but not the uber badass porsche my friend built with a famous Japanese porsche guy?! You guy’s confuse the heck out of me. I try to post interesting and entertaining stuff… oh well.

Here’s another phone dump from cars spotted locally. Some pretty interesting ones in here…

9231BDE3-9E9D-4985-A1C6-7227625D76EE.png
75CFDA66-6636-422D-945E-7AD811CCEADB.png
E3881DD8-5263-4884-8095-9A662B62530C.png
8E8F7C7B-DE43-4DB0-B53E-54E2B3A6F06D.png
C79136C3-2962-42D6-98BE-4D5AC9956C43.png
4BA4629A-70B8-4295-90B3-97C45F2FB8AA.png

067A17B3-0471-4351-A8AC-07FE13759157.png

EDEC54C7-321E-433A-A3D6-7FAD58F8A4E8.png

40F00675-0B47-4920-BD79-5F3F0402870D.png

I have more respect for stock or mostly stock versions of historically significant or interesting niche cars. I wouldn't look twice at a fast and furious look alike A8 Supra but if I saw a stock A8 Supra Turbo, manual transmission you better believe I'd snap a pic and post it up.

I love the International Scouts. Beside the 40 it's the best looking truck of the era. That one looks to have a stretched wheelbase though. Or my Scout II chops are a bit slacking.

I had the same thought on that scout. I owned a scout II briefly in high school. I bought it for $500 but turned out it was stolen so after getting it running I went and parked it back where it had been for sale and canceled the check before it cleared the bank. It was pretty memorable when we finally got it to turn over and all the starter fluid that we sprayed in ignited at once and sent a 4 ft flame out of the top of the engine bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom