Squeak from right wheel when turning left (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

I have a 08 4Runner Limited V8 4WD with 206k miles. Very recently, I noticed a squeak (very similar to brake squeak) when making a left turn (a full turn not just veering left) at low speeds. The noise tends to stop if I tap the brakes in the process of making the turn. Also the brakes are no, so it shouldn’t be brake wear. There is also no noise if I turn the wheel hard left when stopped. Intuition says wheel bearings/hubs, but wanted to see if anyone has any ideas before moving forward.

Thanks again for the help.

Tyler

Hello all,

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

I have a 08 4Runner Limited V8 4WD with 206k miles. Very recently, I noticed a squeak (very similar to brake squeak) when making a left turn (a full turn not just veering left) at low speeds. The noise tends to stop if I tap the brakes in the process of making the turn. Also the brakes are no, so it shouldn’t be brake wear. There is also no noise if I turn the wheel hard left when stopped. Intuition says wheel bearings/hubs, but wanted to see if anyone has any ideas before moving forward.

Thanks again for the help.

Tyler
Sounds to me like brake squeal. Especially if it goes away when you tap the brakes.

Did you properly bed the brakes after installation? That will prevent things like this. How many miles on the "new" brakes?

Sounds to me like brake squeal. Especially if it goes away when you tap the brakes.

Did you properly bed the brakes after installation? That will prevent things like this. How many miles on the "new" brakes?
Thanks for the help. Should probably update with my findings. I got a second set of ear to listen from the outside as I drive in circles. He thought it was actually the rear passenger-side wheel. I had also just replaced the rear rotors and pads too. Pulled the tired and squirted some wd40 into the parking brake just to try to isolate the issue. That seemed to fix it. Maybe just a slight tolerance issue with the rotor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom