Adjustable Rear panhard or delta vs bracket? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Neither, use the EIMKeith Bracket:
IMG_3596.jpg

It gives you multiple options on lift height that you can change. Delta makes you choose a lift height, and is 2 to 3 times the price.

Well I am stalled Botha and will save my stock setup. Will update one way I figure out my front shocks. I got iron man ones with a big accordion style dust boot and the hardware does not fit tight in the shock towers. Anybody Install front shocks lately?

5D00306B-25DC-4A26-BD8C-871239B05656.jpeg

Well I am stalled Botha and will save my stock setup. Will update one way I figure out my front shocks. I got iron man ones with a big accordion style dust boot and the hardware does not fit tight in the shock towers. Anybody Install front shocks lately?

View attachment 2652436
Sorry I installed both. Long day of work and wrenching!

IMG_3596.jpg

It gives you multiple options on lift height that you can change. Delta makes you choose a lift height, and is 2 to 3 times the price.
I like this option a little to late for me.

Nice option for sure but you have to have the skills and ability to weld it on. I'm not there yet. This will be the route I go though. I like the lower arm guards they make as well.

I have never understood the need for adjustable parts that keep the axles under the truck. I've seen them fail on several vehicles in the woods. Things tend to get very exciting when that happens.
And the poly bushings that the adjustable parts come with will not perform like the original rubber bushings.

And the poly bushings that the adjustable parts come with will not perform like the original rubber bushings.

You can get rubber bushings with an adjustable panhard. The fresh bushings are always part of the value of any aftermarket part. Putting fresh bushings in a stock panhard is about as useless as spending money can get.

Although there is now a thread for this, so Mud is still firing on all engines.

Last edited:

View attachment 2652436
Disregard after sobering up and a day of work I got the front shocks done on one side and will finish the rest tonight hopefully.

Are those power stops? If so, how do you like them? :)
Yes they are and for the money they work great nothing crazy but they are priced so good why not.I have them on my dodge and wifes 4Runner also.

Then use the stock panhard with the stock bushings and save some money, and just make it adjustable:
sof1026.jpg

Nice option for sure but you have to have the skills and ability to weld it on. I'm not there yet. This will be the route I go though. I like the lower arm guards they make as well.
Self taught with youtube and one friend who gave me some tips, and youtube. Being able to weld has changed my life, I wish I had learned to weld 20 years ago. You can make almost anything you want or need, and you can fix a LOT of things. Just go buy a welder and start welding. You'll get the hang of it sooner or later. I recommend a MIG welder with shielding gas, start with a cheapish HF welder. Welds don't need to be pretty, they just need to stick two pieces of metal together.

Last edited:
Then use the stock panhard with the stock bushings and save some money, and just make it adjustable:
sof1026.jpg

Self taught with youtube and one friend who gave me some tips, and youtube. Being able to weld has changed my life, I wish I had learned to weld 20 years ago. You can make almost anything you want or need, and you can fix a LOT of things. Just go buy a welder and start welding. You'll get the hang of it sooner or later. I recommend a MIG welder with shielding gas, start with a cheapish HF welder. Welds don't need to be pretty, they just need to stick two pieces of metal together.

Here you go. Rubber bushings.

By the time you buy new bushings, pay to have them pressed in, and then by the Slee adjustable adapter and pay to have that welded on, you will have spent about 5 extra stupid hours and more money than just buying an adjustable swaybar.

It really can’t be this hard. Here’s mine. 3” Delta bracket, 4.5” lift, Ironman adjustable panhard with rubber bushings on both ends, centered axle, no garbage swaybar, 38” tires.

C4C50943-5AC4-4BF0-B3A4-8139EDBC66FF.jpeg

Busloads of nuns have had to perish due to me running this setup, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

Last edited:
I'm liking the looks of this. Both being used with lots of adjustment left to be had. Been so long since I got my adjustable panhard but thinking it was a SLEE DIY. The combo seems to make sense to me, whether you THINK your at the tire size and lift you want it's likely 10 years down the road your not. With this and a wrench you have the ability to easily change it and realign. Wish I had this view on mine but hoping the Dobinson springs are in port by now or soon...

1619204946262.png

Here you go. Rubber bushings.

By the time you buy new bushings, pay to have them pressed in, and then by the Slee adjustable adapter and pay to have that welded on, you will have spent about 5 extra stupid hours and more money than just buying an adjustable swaybar.

It really can’t be this hard. Here’s mine. 3” Delta bracket, 4.5” lift, Ironman adjustable panhard with rubber bushings on both ends, centered axle, no garbage swaybar, 38” tires.

View attachment 2653815

Busloads of nuns have had to perish due to me running this setup, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made.
I wonder if it matters which way you put the bar mine has the adjuster on the left and your is on the right?

I wonder if it matters which way you put the bar mine has the adjuster on the left and your is on the right?
Yes.

Yours will kill busloads of Kindergartners.

So it’s backwards than?
No. It makes no difference.

The bushing is the same on either end. As long as it's not interfering with anything else, it's fine.

Nuns and Kindergartners are on the opposite ends of the spectrum..........

No. It makes no difference.

The bushing is the same on either end. As long as it's not interfering with anything else, it's fine.

Nuns and Kindergartners are on the opposite ends of the spectrum..........
Went right over my head!

So it’s backwards than?

I’d run it the other way so that slope is away from the threads, they do seize up over time with water intrusion. It doesn’t otherwise matter at all.

I just readjusted mine (and added anti seize to the the threads). I had some of the very first Dobinson’s Flexi 4” coils and had sag on the PS rear. I had bought another set that I had sitting around for awhile (problem appears fixed, the coils are physically different) and installed those when I did my 38’s.

I picked back up an inch and readjusted the panhard. If you use OEM, you either leave it offset as you adjust lift or you have to keep messing with the axle bracket.

The bar I used to have on there was an old Man-a-Fre I think that had a collar with a jam nut on each end so you didn’t have to pull a mount bolt to adjust it. That’s the best solution, but it had seized and the uniball joint on one end was old, so I just replaced it.

I still have the uniball style on my front, but that gets a constant lubrication from front oil leaks and is still perfect. Absolutely no reason to fix that kind of free parts lubrication.

Last edited:
IMG_3596.jpg

What I like about Delta over this is the Delta bolts into the upper control arm mount to offset the increased leverage of raising the mount. You are increasing the lever arm on a bracket not designed to take that if you just raise the bracket.

I’m about as far as you get from chicken littling these things, but I’ve seen frame end drops developing stress fatigue and that stuff scares me when it lacks additional bracing.

The rear panhard is just a lateral arm on the trailing axle so it’s not dangerous per se, but between the two the value of the bracing is higher than a minor height adjustment.

This is one of those “get it close mods”, there’s no value in exactness. I could have done the 5” on my lift, but I don’t want a horizontal panhard. There is a reason for a little bit of slope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom