3rd Annual DLC Coal Creek Winter Summit - MLK 2021 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bama4door

Supporting Vendor
Threads
**Update: Plan is to meet up Friday morning 1/15 @ 10:30am at Billy's in Liberty Park right off I-459 (where our club meetings are). Be gassed up and ready to go.**

DixieLand Cruisers will be hosting our 3rd Annual Coal Creek Winter Summit at Windrock Offroad Park over MLK weekend, January 15-18, 2020.
1BC95DE1-DD01-43E8-A6F8-D7C1F7A68FE8.jpeg

In case you missed the inaugural 1st Annual CCWS or last years 2nd Annual CCWS check out these threads...

1st Annual Coal Creek Winter Summit
2nd Annual Coal Creek Winter Summit

Last year we ended up renting two 9+ person cabins that were right across the street from each other. Our Nashville brethren of Music City Cruisers joined us last year and rented the cabin across the street @Tennessee80 @tone33 @highrisk

For anyone who hasn’t been to Windrock before, this is not your typical Offroad Park that has nothing but crazy trails and hard obstacles. Windrock has over 72,000 acres and there are trails there for any level (beginner to extreme). Any stock land cruiser can enjoy the park and not worry about damaging their trucks. The park has something to offer for everyone. They also have a gun range, pavilions, nice showers/restrooms, etc.

I'm going to rent the same 9 person cabin we had last year (Squatch Nest) for Fri, Sat and Sunda night.

IMG_2088.JPG

Squatch Nest Cabin Confirmed Spots: There are 9 spots total. 2 queen beds and 5 twin bunk beds.

**Cabin is full**

-Cole @Bama4door
-Stephen @Forerunner
-David H.
-Zach @Zjohnsonua and Jess
-Charles @ToyosandHam
-Wes @jwqueen3
-Open

We will have to buy permits for the park. Every person on the trails will need a Windrock permit for each day they will ride on Windrock Park's property. The Windrock Park website details this pretty well.

55BCA490-5C22-44FF-A7F1-8E7B2CF2B71E.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm in!! Planning to bring some of the kids, and maybe 2 cruisers! Looks like we might be camping though...cabin's are all rented out. What days are folks riding trails? Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon?

I'm in!! Planning to bring some of the kids, and maybe 2 cruisers! Looks like we might be camping though...cabin's are all rented out. What days are folks riding trails? Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon?
Sounds like a plan! Last year we had some guys get there earlier Friday and wheel and some guys came in later and got setup and hungout. Wheel Sat and Sun and head back Monday.

We have 2 more spots (twin bunks) left in our cabin. Please post up if you are definitely coming and want a bed.

*Edit: 1 spot left

Last edited:
I'll probably have 5 or 6 people with me. I'm sure someone will take you up on the bunks. I'll likely come in Fri afternoon/night, head back late Sunday, might stay to Monday depending on work schedule and such. Looking forward to it!

You guys allow some Floridians to join in? I'm over in the Pensacola area so I pretty much have to drive to at least Talladega to wheel anyway.

I'd probably just camp in the truck and tag along on trails. I've got an LX with a rear locker and front and rear bumpers (sliders soon)

You guys allow some Floridians to join in? I'm over in the Pensacola area so I pretty much have to drive to at least Talladega to wheel anyway.

I'd probably just camp in the truck and tag along on trails. I've got an LX with a rear locker and front and rear bumpers (sliders soon)
Yea man come on! We’ve got a bunch of people who are going to camp as well. Windrock is a great park if you haven’t been before.

Yea man come on! We’ve got a bunch of people who are going to camp as well. Windrock is a great park if you haven’t been before.
I'm going to try. Windrock looks awesome hopefully I can get some sliders installed before then

I'm going to try. Windrock looks awesome hopefully I can get some sliders installed before then
Sounds good. If you can’t get sliders before, there are plenty of trails to do where they aren’t needed.

Got some parts for the new grocery getter today.
Either need to throw these parts on the LX real quick or work on the 55 some, but we are planning on coming.

anyone else bringing a kid or four?

View attachment 2544271

View attachment 2544272

View attachment 2544273

I may bring my 8 year old but he tends to get bored on trail rides so I dunno. He will say he wants to go but after an hour on the trail he's bored, but that's usually when we are by ourselves. Letting him drive in my lap helps but I imagine that's a no go at this park haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom