Dobinsons Suspension options for Sequoia 01-07 and 08-22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just updated post #1 with links to each product and component of the suspension, now sold individually.

I’ve got a question for you...
The 80/100/1G Sequoia all share similar rear springs (I have 80 springs in mine now and 100 series springs are also a common swap) I was curious about the stock height replacement 80 series springs Doninsons offer, basically how they compare mathematically to the C59-345’s. I’m not after 45mm of lift.

I’ve got a question for you...
The 80/100/1G Sequoia all share similar rear springs (I have 80 springs in mine now and 100 series springs are also a common swap) I was curious about the stock height replacement 80 series springs Doninsons offer, basically how they compare mathematically to the C59-345’s. I’m not after 45mm of lift.
Just checked the specs. The 80 series linear rate coils all run a stronger spring rate than the Sequoia specific coils. The nearest spring rate is the C59-221V stock height variable rate 80 series coils. It's just not possible to calculate the ride height with variable rate coils unless they're installed.

Dobinsons does offer a stock height specific coil for the 01-07 Sequoia, just never stocked it in the USA.

So are you running stock/OE 80 series springs, or aftermarket. If they're aftermarket, what part number are they?

Just checked the specs. The 80 series linear rate coils all run a stronger spring rate than the Sequoia specific coils. The nearest spring rate is the C59-221V stock height variable rate 80 series coils. It's just not possible to calculate the ride height with variable rate coils unless they're installed.

Dobinsons does offer a stock height specific coil for the 01-07 Sequoia, just never stocked it in the USA.

So are you running stock/OE 80 series springs, or aftermarket. If they're aftermarket, what part number are they?

Yes, I was also looking at the C59-221V coils. I know ride height couldn’t be calculated but comparing the stats between coils can give an idea. I’m currently on stock springs from a 1991 80 series. As you know they are asymmetric, the drivers side being taller than the passenger side. The drivers side has worked out well for me giving me about 16mm lift. The passenger side seemed good at first but it has sagged back down to where the stock Sequoia spring was sitting. The 80 coils are 18” and 18.5” tall compared to the Sequoia’s 16” but the Sequoia uses a larger wire diameter at .650” vs .600” on the 80.

Just added these new 2nd Gen Sequoia rear coils to the site.

C59-719V - Rear Coils - 2.5″ Lift Variable Rate Coils (new for 2020)

I know we only offer the 1.75" front lift height, but people had been asking for a taller rear lift in a variable rate, so here it is!!

Hey Guys,

Breaking down our raised height suspension options for the Sequoia suspension that we offer. Links to photos and kit ordering info is also down below.

2001 to 2007 Models
C59-344 - Front Coils - 45mm Lift 370/370mm free height, 651LB/IN
C59-345 - Rear Coils - 45mm Lift 425/425mm free height, 212LB/IN
GS59-222 - Front Struts - Twin Tube Nitrogen Charged - 465mm extended, 335mm compressed
GS59-682 - Rear Shocks - Twin Tube Nitrogen Charged - 630mm extended, 382mm compressed
WA59-561K - Rear airbag to coil conversion kit - can be used with OE coils to remove air system, or with Dobinsons coils
PS59-4030 - 1/4 Strut top mount spacer to add 1/2" of lift. Can use on one side to correct a lean, or use one on each side to add lift evenly

2008 to 2018 Models - Does not suit Airbag suspension
C59-476 - Front Coils - 45mm Lift 367/367mm free height, 685LB/IN
C59-477 - Rear Coils - 45mm Lift 380/380mm free height, 624LB/IN
C59-719V - Rear Coils - 2.5″ Lift Variable Rate Coils (new for 2020)
GS59-710 - Front Struts - Twin Tube Nitrogen Charged - 602mm extended, 445mm compressed
GS59-713 - Rear Shocks - Twin Tube Nitrogen Charged - 471mm extended, 315mm compressed
DD59-530K - Front Diff Drop Kit
PS59-4032 - 1/4 Strut top mount spacer to add 1/2" of lift. Can use on one side to correct a lean, or use one on each side to add lift evenly

Parts are also available separately, PM me for pricing and info if needed.

View attachment 1776177

View attachment 1776179
Is this your Sequoia?

I know it's been asked but it's there anyway to find out if he's had to cut anything or if the tires rub or rubbed at all?
They're 35's, so it's best to assume that he had to do some trimming and a good alignment to get the proper clearance with that big of a tire on there. I haven't talked to him for a long time now. I believe he added SPC UCA's for more caster, and I know he added a front diff drop kit.

Just added the new 2.5" lift front coils to post #1.

C59-720 - Front Coils - 2.5" Lift, 685LB/IN (new for 2020)

So now the full suspension kit page has the option for 1.75" or 2.5" front and rear lift.

Heads up to 1st Gen Sequoia guys, the Dobinsons IMS struts and shocks are coming for this in December!! Internal resi Monotube Shocks, fully threaded body on the front struts so the lift height can be set and tuned quite easily, with larger pistons and body sizes.

I'll be adding these parts to my site shortly and linking the products here and in the first post so everyone can see all the options!!

Just added the new 2.5" lift front coils to post #1.

C59-720 - Front Coils - 2.5" Lift, 685LB/IN (new for 2020)

So now the full suspension kit page has the option for 1.75" or 2.5" front and rear lift.

When the time comes I’ll probably go with the full 2.5” kit, though I do wish I could find some reviews from people who have some first hand experience with this kit.

When the time comes I’ll probably go with the full 2.5” kit, though I do wish I could find some reviews from people who have some first hand experience with this kit.
It's a bummer because a lot have bought them but not left reviews. Lucky to get 1 person out of 100 these days to review or rate a product. I actually just removed that feature from my website because it was wasted space that no one was using.

I can confirm I am that I am running the Dobinsons 2.5" suspension on a 2018 Sequoia Limited that I bought from Exit Offroad. I am also running 285/75R17 tires with this kit with no rubbing. I only had to unbolt a very small section of plastic in front of the front wheels to make this fit.

I am very happy with the suspension. There is so much less body roll and it feels like it handles better overall. I feel like it corners much better. I will say the rear suspension is very stiff and will slam over bumps a lot harder than stock. This really doesn't bother me as I have another SUV that is set up like this so I'm used to it. It could bother others, but honestly my wife hasn't even commented on it, but I typically don't fly over speed bumps or drainage ditches as quickly when she is in the car. I also use the Sequoia to tow a 5000lb travel trailer and this suspension is amazing for towing. I've attached a picture so you can see what it looks like installed.

20201020_103844.jpg

I can confirm I am that I am running the Dobinsons 2.5" suspension on a 2018 Sequoia Limited that I bought from Exit Offroad. I am also running 285/75R17 tires with this kit with no rubbing. I only had to unbolt a very small section of plastic in front of the front wheels to make this fit.

I am very happy with the suspension. There is so much less body roll and it feels like it handles better overall. I feel like it corners much better. I will say the rear suspension is very stiff and will slam over bumps a lot harder than stock. This really doesn't bother me as I have another SUV that is set up like this so I'm used to it. It could bother others, but honestly my wife hasn't even commented on it, but I typically don't fly over speed bumps or drainage ditches as quickly when she is in the car. I also use the Sequoia to tow a 5000lb travel trailer and this suspension is amazing for towing. I've attached a picture so you can see what it looks like installed.

View attachment 2497431
Freakin awesome looking!

View attachment 2497431
Thanks for the feedback, and the photo. That looks awesome!!

View attachment 2497431
Thank you for the first hand feedback on the Dobinson’s lift. Your rig looks great, that’s definitely the stance I’m looking for.

I am also running the Dobinsons 2.5" from Exit Offroad. 2015 Sequoia. I agree with everything said above, but I have not towed with this setup yet.

Smooth ride. It is a little stiff compared to stock, but that is expected. I'll post some pics asap.

Exit Offroad was great as well. He answered all my questions. I ordered the front preassembled, he told me up front it would add 1-2 weeks before shipping. The whole kit, assembled front and rear, was at my door within 7 days.

I am also running the Dobinsons 2.5" from Exit Offroad. 2015 Sequoia. I agree with everything said above, but I have not towed with this setup yet.

Smooth ride. It is a little stiff compared to stock, but that is expected. I'll post some pics asap.

Exit Offroad was great as well. He answered all my questions. I ordered the front preassembled, he told me up front it would add 1-2 weeks before shipping. The whole kit, assembled front and rear, was at my door within 7 days.
Thanks for chiming in! Now post some photos before everyone asks for them. Hahah

@BamaTundra & @SeanK10 - Question about the stiff ride comments, how frequently do you have your sequoia's loaded up with kids & gear? I've noticed my stock suspension sags in the rear when loaded up with my 5 kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom