Choke breaker hook up? PCV hook up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've rebuilt a 76' or there abouts carb, I need to figure out which port to hook it up to. I have a Dui disty to hook up as well.

Which ports do I use? the one to the front of the vehicle or the rear? I plugged the lower ports on the mainfold plate.

Additionally, my PCV is the only emmissions stuff I've kept on this engine, Should it be hooked up to the right angle port on the manifold directly beneath the carb mounting? this is a 78' Intake I believe.

Your comments are appreciated. I will be starting this engine for the first time (running on the new fuel lines, no more gas down the carb!) on Saturday. I've run all new fuel lines and vent lines to my restored tank. I will post pics soon.

I believe that right angle port doesn't generate much vacuum...It was originally routed to the EGR valve or smog pump.

Don't you have an available port off your intake manifold that you could used for PCV?

I'm sure you will get the answer on the dizzy connection shortly...I remember one of those ports nearest the Valve Cover show vacuum as the rpms increases (none at idle).

checkout following link for diag:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=80445&page=2

The right angle fitting on the manifold right below is where the PCV hose attaches. The choke pulloff needs full manifold vacuum that is draws from a port on the carb base, right above where the PCV hooks to the manifold.
The '76 carb has a vacuum actuated secondary and I "think" it is supplied by the VSV, which you may have removed. So, dunno about that one. If it is not hooked up I think your secondary will not open, and if hooked up to full manifold vacuum, it will be open all the time.
I really only have experience with the '74 carb, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me. That is what I run on my 2F/2F manifold, BTW.

Ed

I think this may have originally been a non USA spec carb, I swaped out the center spacer for one without an EGR tube, from a 79' carb. I'm pretty sure this carb has manual secondarys.

All two and a half carbs carbs One from a 79' look very similar the bottom looks Identical the top horn is very different having several vacuum ports on it.

Does anyone know where the non USA carbs connect the choke breaker hose and Vac advance?

Additionally, the fuel cuttoff solenoid, should this have constant voltage with the ignition on? I can only find two male plugs with the heat shielding on the wires, one on the carb the other on the fenderwell. I have a 78' wiring schematic I'm going to look for the proper colored wire on Saturday.

F-junker said:
Does anyone know where the non USA carbs connect the choke breaker hose and Vac advance?

The choke breaker needs full manifold vacuum, so anywhere at or below the throttle plates. The manual secondaries are easy to check. Get a flashlight and aim it down the airhorn, open the throttle all the way and look. I believe all the '75> carbs have a vacuum secondary diaphragm.
Can you post a pic? That would be the give-away.

Ed

solenoid just needs a constant 12v when running so hook it to IGN hower you want. It just prevents the engine from running on after you turn the key off. The factory wire should be coming out the firewall along with your temp sensor wire.

non-USA vaccum ADVANCE should be in on the bottom middle of the carb on the valve cover side. At least that's where the port is on my modified USA 74 carb :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom