Wrench day 9-30-18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Phulcrum

Supporting Vendor
Threads
The clamshell is assembled. I'll be rebuilding the FJ this Sunday, come on by if you have work you need done or you'd like to halp.

Adding it to the calendar. I don’t have anything to work on but can lend a hand.

I was firmly shut down by the war department. Many sad faces....

I hope to make it and help out. What's the start time?

I have a pretty big project that I need to get to done, but it may be a bridge too far for this wrench day. I need to install my Harrop e-locker and rebuild both knuckles, the passenger side is weeping pretty bad. The knuckles I can tackle myself, but I'll need help and know how for the locker install. I want to do both the locker and knuckles at the same time for obvious reasons. The rig will be pretty much out of commission until I get the knuckle rebuilt. I was planning on making the upcoming Big Bear Big Hair run, but the knuckle is leaking a bit too much. Maybe we can plan on this for the next wrench day?

I have some smaller stuff that I need to take care of: install throttle lock, parking brake is not working, chase down what I believe to be a bad ground, pull a/c blower to see if a dead mouse is causing it to vibrate when on high....if we get the chance maybe we can look at some of that.

Either way, I'll try to be there to help with anything else.

Oh, and since this is my first BnT event other than meetings I'll be sure to bring a few beers I brought back from Europe with me. You guys like Belgians?

Ignore the disarray of my beer cabinet, I'm still in re-settling mode after the move back from Germany and it's a work in progress. :cheers:
cabinet.jpg

Probably a late start time . 9 ish. Let's plan to tackle a lot of little stuff. If we were going to attempt a locker install we'd want to start Saturday, just in case.

Damn... wife and I are are going to the Potero Camping trip and have tickets for the Green Flash beer event on Sunday too. Damn I hate mising some things. Especially for that beer...Love Belgium's!!!

Well the knuckle leak has turned into a pour. I'll be parking the rig until I can arrange the locker to be installed? I spoke with @elripster last night and he says it's a pretty straight forward install since I am already regeared. Maybe at the next wrenching event....? Is that a bit much for a non-member to request?????

I'll still be there this weekend to help, but I'll be rolling in the Prius.

Well the knuckle leak has turned into a pour. I'll be parking the rig until I can arrange the locker to be installed? I spoke with @elripster last night and he says it's a pretty straight forward install since I am already regeared. Maybe at the next wrenching event....? Is that a bit much for a non-member to request?????

I'll still be there this weekend to help, but I'll be rolling in the Prius.

A bummer of a down grade from a cruiser to a Prius!!!

A bummer of a down grade from a cruiser to a Prius!!!

Yeah, but this is no normal Prius. This one has seen things..........lots of things. I'll admit I did get some odd looks whenever I would show up to a hunt in that bad boy. Definitely not your typical hunters vehicle.

The wife tries not to think about the stuff I've carried in that car.

IMG-0654.JPG

If Harley knows how to do the locker install we can do it this Sunday.

Thread hijack - @flyingmonkey where'd you bag that beast and what'd you use? Nice!

Took that one in Germany with a 25-06. Shot plenty of pigs while living there but that was my biggest at 87 kilos, so it was shy of 200 by about 10lbs.

No plans on hunting here this season, but next year I’ll be out there.

Edit* Just looked back through my pics and see that I shot that one with a .308, not 25-06.

We can do your diff if Harley knows how.

I left the instructions on my desk at work. And I’d rather start the locker install on a Saturday to allow for extra time if anything was to come up.

Yeah, but this is no normal Prius. This one has seen things..........lots of things. I'll admit I did get some odd looks whenever I would show up to a hunt in that bad boy. Definitely not your typical hunters vehicle.

The wife tries not to think about the stuff I've carried in that car.

View attachment 1799538
That my friend may be the best Prius pic I've ever seen.

Sorry for the double post

Won't be working on the FJ. I hope one of you brings a rig to wrench on. Otherwise.. there's always the trailer or a 3d printer to play with.

Thanks for making it fellas. A historic wrench day for sure . As in, the first ever wrench day with zero work to be done!
IMG_20180930_070226.jpg

OK I'll be the stooge, just what did you guys get accomplished? Looking at the sun thru the darkened bottom of beer bottles? Some of us relegated to home duty pulled weeds and practiced saying "Yes Dear" :rofl: You guys had more fun!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom