Possibly looking for 4Runner..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleepycruiser

I will get by….I will survive -Touch of Grey LC200
Threads
I had a 2001 once upon a time. I am looking for something 4wd probably....maybe 2005 or newer. I might consider older depending on the condition. Trying to stay around $10k--13k-ish

Might be looking for a GX470 now. ;)

Last edited:
If you're in that model and price range, look at the gx470s. better visibility, better cows inside, and you get to pull up next to.people on the trail with the nav screen up, asking if this is the way to Starbucks

I will add that also, at times, better availability and lower prices, believe it or not, for the older ones.

The thing I saw during my shopping was that the lexus vehicles were usually maintained better than the Toyota 4runners, and more likely to have had the full timing belt service done on schedule.

Just got my wife a GX470 - we absolutely love it. Highly recommend. (This is our first Lexus SUV, have owned a number of 4Runners previously)

Just got my wife a GX470 - we absolutely love it. Highly recommend. (This is our first Lexus SUV, have owned a number of 4Runners previously)

Actually, this makes a lot of sense.

Btw, it's correct that Lexus is replacing cracked dashboards, however try to find one without cracks as apparently there is a very long waiting list --when I called my local dealer to ask, they said they had no estimates on how long it might take. I said, "are we talking weeks or months?" And she said again "we have no way of knowing". When I looked around the internet for more info on this issue, I saw some people posting that they have been waiting as long as a year & a half and still no dash (yikes!). We didn't want to deal with that so our search took a little longer than I would've liked, but we finally found what we were looking for and it was worth it to us. Just my 2-cents

Thanks for the info.

I told my wife about maybe changing directions from a 4Runner and she thinks the GX would be for her. HAHAHAHAHA.

My wife loves her LX we drove a Prado for a few months verse as and she really liked that as well I'm sure your wife would like the GX and you can do some cool mods to it and have a cool 4x4

Thanks for the info.

I told my wife about maybe changing directions from a 4Runner and she thinks the GX would be for her. HAHAHAHAHA.

Some of the early GX's got included in the warranty dash replacement program. I looked at one in Winston last weekend and it had a tan dash that looked very similar to the 03. If you do buy one that has that issue you may be able to get a new dash for free. Only issue is my dad has been waiting 2 years for a replacement.

It has been a long wait for my dash and i still not been able to get it replaced. I call lexus and they dont have a clue on when they will send one. They said that they are sending one a month to the dealer and they are vin number assigned. I am 48 on the waiting list.

So...are the dashes cracked? I just wasn't sure what the recall was for.

Yea, apparently high heat caused them to crack. It affected several models. Its awesome that Toyota is replacing them, I just think the underestimated the number of vehicles that still had on the road that would qualify. They didn't call it a recall, just an "extended warranty replacement"
So...are the dashes cracked? I just wasn't sure what the recall was for.
lexus-cracked-dash-1.jpg

Looks nice. I'm from Hoover, so I can tell you it's a fairly well to do area, no real snow, no ice, no sand, probably has never even been off road there. Most likely it's been well taken care of. Good mileage too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom