Possibly looking for 4Runner..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks nice. I'm from Hoover, so I can tell you it's a fairly well to do area, no real snow, no ice, no sand, probably has never even been off road there. Most likely it's been well taken care of. Good mileage too.

I used to live in Birmingham....played music around there for awhile. I had a lot of friends that went to Hoover.

What does it have for service records? Drivers armrest is worn/cracked.. Have him take a picture of the sunroof frame with it partially open (the frame around the glass. Mine is rusted, I would have never thought to look there.) What recent maint has been done (brakes, cv boots---another pic worthy thing),etc.

If youre serious about it, have him send pics of undercarriage, cv boots, under the hood, and the sunroof. Have him send a video of a cold start, and listen for the ticking of a cracked exhaust manifold.

If you do get it, theres a 6500 lb factory hitch on CL around Mooresville for 80.00. LOLOL

What does it have for service records? Drivers armrest is worn/cracked.. Have him take a picture of the sunroof frame with it partially open (the frame around the glass. Mine is rusted, I would have never thought to look there.) What recent maint has been done (brakes, cv boots---another pic worthy thing),etc.

If youre serious about it, have him send pics of undercarriage, cv boots, under the hood, and the sunroof. Have him send a video of a cold start, and listen for the ticking of a cracked exhaust manifold.

All good ideas....the seller has been responding with one line responses so getting that stuff might be tough....which means I will probably pass. My father lives an hour away from there so he can take a look. I just emailed the seller to see what he says....basically just copy/pasted what you said..with some changes.

I sold my DD today and will be driving the LC until I find something else. So at least I can focus on getting some stuff done on the LC...brakes, calipers, rotors, etc...and shocks. I need some help..haha.

This one is on MUD actually for $7500.

2003 Lexus GX470 - CARFAX Attached

@sleepycruiser You can create an account at Lexus and enter a VIN to find service records done at any Lexus dealer. You don't have to own the vehicle.

Just did that and the website says that is not the correct VIN for that model.

Carfax shows that there could be a mileage discrepancy....it shows the mileage was 222k but the mileage now is 117k, which is what it is being sold as. Vehiclehistory.com is showing 222k as well. I could understand a clerical error if they accidentally hit '222' instead of '122', but it isn't at '122' yet. Weird.

sketchy. there are too many primo mint soccer mom-mobiles with perfect dealer maint records out there to think about one with an iffy carfax

sketchy. there are too many primo mint soccer mom-mobiles with perfect dealer maint records out there to think about one with an iffy carfax

I agree, but they are either double in price or 'potential mileage' or both. It will need new wheels for sure as the current wheels are peeling like crazy.

I am having a hard time getting over the mileage discrepancy, but he said he would sell it for $7,000, pick me up at the airport etc. Hmmm. Thoughts? Mileage mileage mileage.

Patience is a virtue. wait, and spend a little more money on a quality ride, one without the sketchiness.

Look at it this way, a full bore 90k service, tb, water pump, tensioners, etc is about 1k. that's work you'll need to do if it hasn't been done. also, the rad would need to be looked at, as well as regular wear items, tires, brakes, cv boots, etc.

To me, it was worth the price to have gotten all that done by the PO and documented. and to be honest, it was still cheaper than several others I looked at.

I am terrible with patience. You are right though....this will give me time to continue getting stuff done to my LC. I need to do a ton. Wish I knew more about working on stuff.

Pretty sure I am going to have to do the HG soon, PHH, brakes, rotors, calipers, etc etc. Shocks sitting in the garage. Holy geebus!

I missed out on a 2002 4Runner with 124K and in REALLY nice shape this AM :( I sent a note at 8:07 AM, but someone beat me to it earlier, I guess. It posted sometime after 11 PM last night.

It was a little more than the we wanted to spend at $6.5K, but 4Runners like that are going for $8K+.

At $6.5k+ for a 3rd Gen . . . we might be doing some other looking around - like at an older Highlanders, 2nd Gens, maybe even 4th Gens, etc.

@weejub 4Runners are worth their weight in gold apparently. I need to get something but either I feel like it is overpriced or they only respond with 1 sentence after I ask them 5 questions. I guess I am just cheap and ask too much crap.

My wife realllly wants a Highlander, but she doesn't want a car payment. Go figure.

3rd Gen Runner is a fantastic car.
12,000 is a bit pricey, but I bet they get it.

My daily driver is a 2006 4Runner Limited 4wd V6. It took me a little while to find exactly what I was looking for with decent mileage. They seemed way overpriced in the triangle, triad, and Charlotte areas. I expanded my search range, and located this one in Virginia Beach. It had only been listed a couple of days. They don't last long.

My 2004 had some really nice thick black leather that may have been aftermarket -even if you spent $1K on it, for maybe ~$9K you have a pretty nice low mileage truck.

I would REALLY rather have the V8, though - - im a 2UZ snob, so I get your drift :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom