Registry 80 Series Registry (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

couple more pics

2.jpg

1.jpg

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

Well, here's something to keep it moving along:

1. 1990 HDJ81VX; 4.2L 1HD-T
2. Aaron
3. None yet
4. 111,080 miles; 178766 km
5. 2" lift, Panhard bars... more to come.
6. Get-away rig; we use it to get out of town on weekends and trip. Light/moderate offroad and exploration.
7. Photo: attached

We've had her for about 2 months now, and are driving out the kinks. I'll be posting some questions in the coming days as I try and nail down what she needs to keep her on the road for another 26 years.

Cheers,
Aaron

IMG_5548.jpg

IMG_5548.jpg

Hi,
New the forum. Just purchased a '95, non-locker, 160k, in original condition one owner. The PO kept the truck under cover most of its life. The body is great, the interior has a lot of wear, and the engine/mechanicals are in serious need a complete baselining.

In searching for this vehicle I spent a lot of time on the forum researching existing build threads. I am impressed with the time and effort that the membership has put into posting tips, techniques and methods. The only way that I can think to express my appreciation is to join as paying member (silver). Please accept my gratitude for the wealth of information that all of you have provided.

I live in central North Carolina. The Outer banks are four hours East and the Appalachian mountains are three hours west. My family enjoys both many times a year. My goal is to build a reliable family expedition vehicle that performs well in sand and on fire roads/mountain trails. No major mods planned just yet - I have a lot of work to do to get this rig back to solid operating condition.

Enclosed is a picture of the truck. The color is a metal flake green that looks almost black under some conditions. Can anyone tell me the paint code? I have some touch up paint to order.

Many thanks again. Now I will go back to reading previous threads. -Ted

IMG_4227scaled.JPG

And when it
Purchased a few years ago with 78K. One owner garaged rig that came out of Tenn. : )
I need to fix the antenna and the drivers side seat motor. Other than that, it is a very solid original rig.
When it has about 300K miles on it ...and is a bit tired ...and needs $3K-$4K in repairs and upgrades ...someone will ship it to Costa Rica and charge $12K for it.

I sure wish we could get those older, low mileage, vehicles here (and not pay new car prices.)

1. 1993 fj80
2. Racnstev. (Steve)
3. Jewel (Just got her, and she needs lotsa love and attention.)
4. 305,000
5. No mods yet. I just picked her up, she is done stock with factory lockers, a blank slate.
6. It will start as a daily driver to build my confidence in its reliability, then I will slowly turn her into an Overland rig.
7. Sorry, I have not taken any photos yet, but we all know what a stock 300,000 mile 80 looks like.
I don't have a huge budget to build it, in fact most of it will be used up in tires that she desperately needs, so I will be on the lookout for good used parts. She will be a slow build, but done 100% by me :0)

1. 1994 FZJ80
2. Jeff Taylor (JToobe)
3. We don't have names for our cars....probably should with 3 LC's!
4. 85,000 miles....bought it 18 months ago with 73k from original owner in Houston TX
5. Bone stock, no lockers. Green with brown cloth interior. Added air foil to back end, purchased stock roof rack but not installed yet. 3rd row seats still in bags, never installed...still has the retractable cargo cover! Needs a paint job....TX sun was not kind to it.
6. Bought for my wife's 50th Bday as her favorite car was a 94 she had 16+ years ago but has been driven by 16 year old daughter for last year to school/work. She is the envy of every teen boy at school!! Wife should be getting it back soon as we play musical cars....oldest daughters Forrester going to youngest as she just got married and she and and son-in-law are buying a starter Land Cruiser: 88 FJ62 after driving mine on honeymoon he had to have one!
80 and 62.JPG
80 in snow 2.JPG
80 in snow.JPG
80 interior.JPG
94 80.JPG

Hi All,

Just like to introduce myself.

1) 1997, triple locked FZJ80
2) Tyler (TCTLC)
3) Lady Landy
4) 192K and climbing
5) Mechanically stock
6) Daily driver, building up into an overland build.
7) Pictures to come.

Thanks!

1. 97 40th anniversary fzj80r
2. Tom
3. A rig has no name
4. 330k kms
5. 3" OME lift, 33" bfg mt, arb bar, kaymar rear carrier, injected lpg (soon), pin7, abs disable, auto up, giant yellow recovery hooks and lots more to come.
6. daily driver and will be a moderate-hard 4wd'ing rig

Last edited:
Hello all, just purchased LC a few months ago. 4th owner, PO was in over their head (I maybe Too!) Needs a ton of work and has been a work in progress. Hope to use as a getaway vehicle for family in the Eastern Carolina area. After years of maintianing wife's TJ wrangler felt it was time I was allowed a toy also.
1. 1993 FZJ80
2. uscgfj
3. white walker ( until maybe paint job)
4. 209k
5. mechanically stock
6. Runs great, build up for over lander activities.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom