Registry 80 Series Registry (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1994 Fzj-fe 80
2. Kamal
3. None
4. 329,000
5. Bone stock
6. Recreational

image.jpeg

IMG_0989.JPG

Last edited:
1. 1990 HDJ81 1HD-T RHD 3x Locked and factory winch
2. John
3. Un-named for now
4. 170kms
5. Stock for now, ironing out the bugs.
6. Weekend Toy.

Mods completed so far:
1. BEBs replaced
2. ACSD removed and blocked off
3. Valve adjustment completed
4. Window runs replaced
5. Hatch struts replaced
6. Re-O ringed the entire AC System
7. Timing Belt and Drive belts
8. Center A/C Vents replaced
9. Steering shaft bulkhead seal replaced
10. Timed injection pump
11. Shift interlock ECU replaced
12. Center console repainted with SEM paint
13. DA sanded rear bumper and repainted
14. Front visors
15. Removed front mudflaps and running boards
16. Removed JDM vent visors.

Future mods:
1. Ironman 4 inch lift with foam cell pro shocks and panhard rods, sitting on my garage floor
2. Cooper 315/75R16 STT Pro Tires on 97 FZJ stock wheels
3. Radiator and all coolant hoses
4. Right rear door lock actuator
5. Stereo and speakers
6. Major detail inside and out.
7. Tint
8. Front trunion reseal and larger front brakes and calipers.

Pics of the day I picked her up and in the current state.
upload_2016-7-27_22-9-55.png

upload_2016-7-27_22-10-44.png

1. 1995 FZJ80 with OEM F/R electric lockers
2. Jalan D
3. rionorte
4. 264K +
5. 850/863 OME Nitrocharger Shocks
Sean's 80 series dual swing outs rear bumper
ARB frontbumper
Comet SBB1 Antenna
Hanna Quality rock sliders
Toyo MT 285/75/16
6. Daily driver/occasional off road vehicle

20160728_201429-1.jpg

Hey guys first post here on mud!

1. Year and model: 1997 FZJ80
2. Name of owner: Max/McNally
3. Name of rig: usually "the cruiser"
4. Mileage: 118k
5. Mods...if any: OME lift, 255/85r16s, deflared, 2 toned, fr/rr bumpers, winch, sliders, RTT, storage drawers, Viar 400H compresor, a bunch of other small stuff.
6. How the truck is used: Weekend camping, sometimes DD, would like to do more overland type trips.
Build thread: My 80 Series Build

Build Thread: My 80 Series Build

1994 FJ80 with factory lockers, loaded
This will be my son's - really, it will be...
Name of rig - TBD
Medium lift (2-3"), bumper and 2x LED drive lights, otherwise appears to be stock
First car - so, winning High School...

image.jpeg

1. 1991 Cruiser
2. Travis Sorenson
3. Not sure of the name yet
4. 157k
5. KM2 285's, Baja utility rack, Safari snorkel (new in box, haven't installed), light bar on front bumper
6. How the truck is used: will drive occasionally on trips, also own a 2010 FJ Cruiser and 2001 LX470

LC 2.jpg

yeah man mines got the stock engine and im looking to do a manual transmission swap here soon.

Hello. This is my 1st post on this forum. Up until a month ago I was a pure Gen1 Isuzu Trooper guy. After years of dicking around with them I decided to chunk them all and go a different direction.

So here ya go.........

1996 FJ80
Arch McKinnon

not to sure ill give it a name
153k miles

P/O lifted it, OME shocks and 20 Wheels. Tires were shot. Check engine light was on.

This will be my daily driver

This rig is glorified mall cruiser. I'm going to clean it up and address the mechanical issues before I do any mods on it(or at least that's the plan).
FullSizeRender (25).jpg

This is how it looked the day I bought it.
FullSizeRender (26).jpg

I got the Bonus 90's Gold Pack.

Hello. This is my 1st post on this forum. Up until a month ago I was a pure Gen1 Isuzu Trooper guy. After years of dicking around with them I decided to chunk them all and go a different direction.

So here ya go.........

1996 FJ80
Arch McKinnon

not to sure ill give it a name
153k miles

P/O lifted it, OME shocks and 20 Wheels. Tires were shot. Check engine light was on.

This will be my daily driver

This rig is glorified mall cruiser. I'm going to clean it up and address the mechanical issues before I do any mods on it(or at least that's the plan).
View attachment 1305915
This is how it looked the day I bought it.
View attachment 1305916
I got the Bonus 90's Gold Pack.

The 20's are cool but the Gold really sets it off....... LOL Other than that nice rig

Hi everybody,
servus from Bavaria.

1. Year and model: 1995 HDJ80, County(basic)-Version, 24valves, 3x factory locked, barn doors
2. Name of owner: Norbert B.
3. Name of rig: n/a
4. Mileage: 250000KM/156000miles
5. Mods: Bone stock, but upgraded the driver's seat and put a small camping outfit in the back
6. How the truck is used: DD, workhorse
7. Photo:
25951702dw.jpeg

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Thought I'd check in. Lots of great info on here, thanks for that. I'm a long time Toyota lover. Currently have a 85runner in the drive way too. Had an 86' 4Runner, 85' hilux, 84' too. This is my latest addition. I bought it last fall. Someone pinch me because I'm still in disbelief. Here is my, or my wife's, 96' cruiser. We bought it with 31k miles on it. It currently has 43k.

1. 96' with factory lockers
2. Name of owner: Chicken hawk
4. Mileage: 43k miles
5. Mods: So far.....
Wet okole seat covers, removed and replace review mirror with compass/temp, remote start.
6. How the truck is used: DD, mountain family rig
7. Photo:

View attachment 1307376 Thought I'd check in. Lots of great info on here, thanks for that. I'm a long time Toyota lover. Currently have a 85runner in the drive way too. Had an 86' 4Runner, 85' hilux, 84' too. This is my latest addition. I bought it last fall. Someone pinch me because I'm still in disbelief. Here is my, or my wife's, 96' cruiser. We bought it with 31k miles on it. It currently has 43k.

1. 96' with factory lockers
2. Name of owner: Chicken hawk
4. Mileage: 43k miles
5. Mods: So far.....
Wet okole seat covers, removed and replace review mirror with compass/temp, remote start.
6. How the truck is used: DD, mountain family rig
7. Photo:
Wow the mileage!

Wow the mileage!

The mileage, yes the mileage! I was in total disbelief. I ran a car fax on the spot. The folks used it when it snowed to go the church and the grocery store. I'm about to do its first brake job this weekend! I have all maintenance records performed at the local dealer. Pesky heater hose is next.
My wife was on the fence buying this to replace her tdi. My foot hit the floor when I saw the mileage and price. I wouldn't take no for an answer. Now, about a year later, she says we will never sell it even when I tell her we could most likely triple our money.

This is my first 80 after owning a '84 60 for 5 years. Found it on eBay, jumped in and drove it home 1200 miles w/o a glitch. 3X locked and everything works.

1. '96 LX450
2. Name of owner: Chris
3. Name of rig: Hmmm...
4. Mileage: 131K
5. Mods: OME lift, BFG T/A's
6. How the truck is used: DD, mountain rig
7. Photo:

IMG_6378.1.jpg

Guess it's about time I throw mine up here. Just finished baselining, OME 3 inch ordered, next step tires.

1. 1995 FZJ80 in the undebatable best color: Nightshadow Pearl Blue
2. Daniel
3. Wife's been calling it Elsie (original, I know.)
4. 173k
5. Mostly stock...for now. Added WeatherTech floor mats, Ultragauge, cupholders, PFran interior LEDs/reverse lights.
6. Camper/wannabe overlanding

IMG_4359 (1).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom