Registry 80 Series Registry (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello all! Newb here, Adam in Bristow,Virginia. I just picked up a '96 LC 80 with 189k. Was a bit rough, but it appears everything is intact. No mods have been made... Frame is good, engine runs strong, interior is about 98% there, and I picked it up for what I believe to be a good price. The bad, Exhaust Manifold leak, needed new drive belts ( thanks by the way to beno his response in a thread helped me), the interior .... it is DIRTY! Tach Oil pressure gauge also out... Front stock bumper had a bad encounter with a mailbox... I have been at it for 2 days now and its coming along quite nicely.

Before this I honed my Yota skills by fixing up a 2001 4runner. Spent the last year and a half as a weekend warrior mechanic, learning as much as i could. Now its time to step up to the big leagues! Im glad to be aboard, you guys seem to have a great forum with a ton of experience. I'll try to be as respectful to what you guys have to offer and hopefully I can somehow contribute.

Good Bye OLD FRIEND:(

IMG_5356.JPG

AND Hello New FRIEND!!!:)
IMG_7016.JPG

IMG_7022.JPG
IMG_7021.JPG
IMG_7036.JPG

This will be a fun project that will turn into a way of life Im sure.

Until I'd seen the Moonglow Pearl one I bought, I hadn't seen this color b4 now within 24 hrs 2 new ones on this forum
  • :smokin:

Hi, I'm new here and have a lot to learn. I'm obsessed with my new FZJ80 that I bought few weeks ago. I had been scouting for a good one for a while and could not pass this up. It's in great shape. Thanks to this forum I investigated few gotchas already- PHH was already done, just used the magnet solution for the droopy visor, and excited about future mods!

1. 1993 FZJ80
2. 'Scooby'
3. Unnamed
4. 225k
5. No mods... yet.
6. Weekend warrior, planning on DD eventually.

MyCruiser.jpg

Hey guys, I have been creeping on ih8mud for a while but never posted anything. You can see old pics of my 80 on my instagram @mlancewilliams. However, I will come on here more and post some pics of my pig-rig. I am excited to drop my Cruiser on here that I have had for 6 years. I have had a lot of help in transforming it into an 80 that I love. I hope you enjoy it.

1. 1997 FZJ80 LX450
2. Lance
3. Roffe'
4. 209,000
5. Mods...

• Old man emu 2.5"
  • 295x70/17 Toyo MT
  • 07 Toyota FJ cruiser wheels
  • Super Charger installed at 208K
  • Birfs redone recently

• Slee Offroad step sliders
  • Slee Offroad rear bumper
  • ARB front bull bar bumper
  • Prinsu roof rack
  • Complete color change (vinyl wrapped) in 2016 from dark green to the old toyota tan

6. Overlanding, moab outings, and weekend camping (Daily driver is S-line Audi A6... Other vehicles: 1998 LC 100 series, 1974 CJ-5)
View attachment 1257658View attachment 1257665
View attachment 1257666
View attachment 1257657
Awesome cruiser, been following you on IG for a while.

1996 Toyota 80 series landcruiser gxl
1fzfe petrol auto 300000klms
Location queensland Australia

Full Tjm 2 inch lift kit
Tjm snorkel
285/75/16s cooper st maxx
black dynamic steel rims neg 20 offset
Titan Rear draws
Gme tx4400 uhf
Recent Closed door respray

Pretty standard for now, as iv only owned it for about six months.
Over the next year or two will be set up for touring and family outings.

20160424_133412.jpg

20160424_133340.jpg

20160424_133426.jpg

Oh, and i somehow forgot to mention that I have FACTORY FR/RR E-LOCKERS
Tell me more about this color change/vinyl wrapped? How much? What is involved? I have a 94 green that really needs a paint job but love the look of what you have done!

Tell me more about this color change/vinyl wrapped? How much? What is involved? I have a 94 green that really needs a paint job but love the look of what you have done!

I would have never thought to wrap a vehicle, but we did a design wrap for our work car (kia soul) and it turned out great. After three years it is still in really good shape and it is parked outside all year in our parking lot. When I started thinking about painting my LC, I did not like the idea since my paint is in great shape. I started researching it and found that vinyl wrap is a viable option to sustain paint and to add some style/color. Also, all the people that don't know it is a wrap, truly think I got a brand new paint job. There are a couple of "seams" or vinyl overlap behind the 3rd row windows. You can hardly tell unless you look close.

It was a risk (no risk to the vehicle) to do this but I will do it every 5 years and just change the style if I want. The wrap runs between $1500 and $2000 depending on what vinyl you order and how much of the vehicle you cover. I did my cladding, mirrors, and fenders in carbon fiber so I was in between those numbers. This is a very good deal and luckily the shop that does it, is only 3 miles from me. Anywhere else will probably run you $4k.

If there are imperfections in the paint (rusting, dents, etc) the wrap does not fix or improve those, like a paintjob/bodywork does. I only had one little bit of rust on the back hatch near the bottom of the top door. It is not visible or severe so my wrap job came out amazing.

What is involved? I just cleaned my LC really good and took it in. 2 days later, it was done. I hope that helps and let me know if you have more questions.

I would have never thought to wrap a vehicle, but we did a design wrap for our work car (kia soul) and it turned out great. After three years it is still in really good shape and it is parked outside all year in our parking lot. When I started thinking about painting my LC, I did not like the idea since my paint is in great shape. I started researching it and found that vinyl wrap is a viable option to sustain paint and to add some style/color. Also, all the people that don't know it is a wrap, truly think I got a brand new paint job. There are a couple of "seams" or vinyl overlap behind the 3rd row windows. You can hardly tell unless you look close.

It was a risk (no risk to the vehicle) to do this but I will do it every 5 years and just change the style if I want. The wrap runs between $1500 and $2000 depending on what vinyl you order and how much of the vehicle you cover. I did my cladding, mirrors, and fenders in carbon fiber so I was in between those numbers. This is a very good deal and luckily the shop that does it, is only 3 miles from me. Anywhere else will probably run you $4k.

If there are imperfections in the paint (rusting, dents, etc) the wrap does not fix or improve those, like a paintjob/bodywork does. I only had one little bit of rust on the back hatch near the bottom of the top door. It is not visible or severe so my wrap job came out amazing.

What is involved? I just cleaned my LC really good and took it in. 2 days later, it was done. I hope that helps and let me know if you have more questions.
Thanks! My paint is pretty bad and thanks to my daughter, now have a few small dents in the upper rear corner where she backed into some trees in our front yard! Probably should get it painted and look at wrap as a way to change color for a period of time. Love what you 've done to your 80. My 94 only has 85k on it.....i found it in Houston, TX with only 73k last year and mechanically and interior wise is fantastic....paint (and now a dent) are only issues to address.

1. 1996 FZJ80.

2. Chris Barnett.

3. Just came up with it, Muhammad Rally.

4. 201,000 MI.

5. Ome 2-2.5" medium load complete kit. (drives like a bmw) Kenwood stereo, 4 alpine speakers. 2014 fj cruiser wheels with the 32" tires that came with. Perfect size tires, I think. Pulstar be106h plugs. Magnecore plug wires, k&n *$50 air filter.

6. I drive it a lot. Home Depot, school, ski resorts. I don't climb or crawl it. I have drifted on dirt roads; Very fun with the set up I've got.

image.jpeg

Hey Fellas, 1st timer. I just bought a LC80 over the phone from my father in law's next door neighbor. $2,000! I've always been a 4runner guy (owned 3) 1st 2nd 3rd gens. But my family is getting bigger and wanted to try the LC80.

1997 LC80 219k miles. 1 owner. Dealer serviced.
Nathan Parrott
Charlotte NC
No mods (yet)
(The last pic) Can anyone tell which locker I have?

20160525_093247.jpg

20160525_093239.jpg

2016052595093256.jpg

Screenshot_2016-05-25-11-54-12.png

Let me collectively say this for all of us... You, my friend, SUCK donkey nutz! That's a beautiful 80! And with locking diffs?! For $2000?!! :clap: Bravo. (and welcome)

Hey Fellas, 1st timer. I just bought a LC80 over the phone from my father in law's next door neighbor. $2,000! I've always been a 4runner guy (owned 3) 1st 2nd 3rd gens. But my family is getting bigger and wanted to try the LC80.

1997 LC80 219k miles. 1 owner. Dealer serviced.
Nathan Parrott
Charlotte NC
No mods (yet)
(The last pic) Can anyone tell which locker I have?

View attachment 1264118

View attachment 1264119

View attachment 1264121

View attachment 1264122

Who did your harness for the LQ9 swap? What transfercase are you running? Nice looking rig.

1) 1994 fj80
2) Val Romero
3) Cruiser
4) 250,000mi
5)2.5in lift/30mm spacers up front,rancho shocks, toyo MT 33's on generic aluminum 17's,Tjm t17 front bumper, 4x4 labs rear bumper, lq4(Chevy ls 6.0) w/4l80e trans, custom exhaust, depo headlights, slimline roof rack/rrt
6) go wherever I want

View attachment 1252841

View attachment 1252842

1996 Lexus LX 450

Aaron B.

DA TANK

175,000 MILES

OME 850J FRONT / 863J REAR OME STEERING DAMPENER OME NITROCHARGER SPORT 60070L FRONT / 60071L REAR MAN-A-FRE 3" CASTER BRACKETS SWAY BAR DROP BRACKETS 4+ BODY LIFT PUCKS

I JUST INSTALLED THE LIFT THIS PAST WEEKEND GETTING READY TO START THE TIRE/WHEEL SEARCH THEN START THE BUMPERS AND SNORKEL UPGRADE ALL INPUT IS WELCOMED AND APPRECIATED

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1. 1991 FJ80R
2. Gary
3. GRUMPY
4. 500000
5. 2in lift
33x12.5x15 muddies
full length roofrack
ARB bull bar and rear bar with wheel carrier