2H Bleeder Screw (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Background:
I've been experiencing some bad smoking (white) at start up in the mornings and it has gotten progressively worse over the last 2 months. I decided it was time to replace the fuel filter and see if this would solve my problems. I got the new one on, started it up, it ran for about 30 seconds and then it died. Now I can't get it started at all. From searching the board, I think that I have air in the fuel system.
I figured I would start with the hand primer since I couldn't get it to pressurize and fill the filter. It looked a bit crusty and worn so I ordered a new Bosch primer today. I also decided to go with new NGK glow plugs and rubber hosing and do it right the first time.

Now I need to replace the fuel bleeder screw as the previous owner had rounded it off. Where can I get a new bleeder screw besides SOR? Is this something that can be picked up locally?

Chris
'82 HJ47

The bleeder screw is metric, probably 1mm thread- same was what you'd find on any Toyota disc caliper for use as a bleed screw. You should be able to get one at any auto parts store - take the old bleed screw with you to compare threads to make double sure.

The bleeder screw is metric, probably 1mm thread- same was what you'd find on any Toyota disc caliper for use as a bleed screw. You should be able to get one at any auto parts store - take the old bleed screw with you to compare threads to make double sure.

Thanks. It is the same as the bleeder screw from a disc caliper. I "borrowed" one from a spare caliper I had sitting on a shelf. I installed my new Bosch primer and it started right up. It still smokes a lot at start-up so I need to replace the glow plugs. Off to find some plugs.

Chris

Background:
I've been experiencing some bad smoking (white) at start up in the mornings and it has gotten progressively worse over the last 2 months. I decided it was time to replace the fuel filter and see if this would solve my problems. I got the new one on, started it up, it ran for about 30 seconds and then it died. Now I can't get it started at all. From searching the board, I think that I have air in the fuel system.
I figured I would start with the hand primer since I couldn't get it to pressurize and fill the filter. It looked a bit crusty and worn so I ordered a new Bosch primer today. I also decided to go with new NGK glow plugs and rubber hosing and do it right the first time.

Now I need to replace the fuel bleeder screw as the previous owner had rounded it off. Where can I get a new bleeder screw besides SOR? Is this something that can be picked up locally?

Chris
'82 HJ47

I had this issue a number of years ago and it was injectors. An injector rebuild did the trick, it wasn't cheap though, 60 bucks per injector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom