weekend wheeling 1/2/10 Sat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
Meeting at the Oak Flat Campground in the Superior area around 9~ish for some wheelin'. Yes, us working stiffs can get out in the fresh air!

Directions are on the 60 heading East past Florence turnoff and a little farther towards Superior. Not too far out of town really. The Oak Creek site is 4 miles east of Superior. From Superior, travel east for 3 miles on US Highway 60 and turn right (south) on Forest Road 469 (partially paved). Travel approximately 1 mile and turn left into the site.

Also a "zoomable" :D Google map from this site: Oak Flat Campground, Arizona

Drew, give me a call if you want to caravan to where we will meet the others at the campground.

:steer: Mini Moab, oh yeah....

Last edited:
I realized it after I posted - oops.. Fixed it...You going to be able to make it Josh?

Drew, give me a call if you want to caravan to where we will meet the others at the campground.

:steer: Mini Moab, oh yeah....
Caraving out will be a good idea. What's a good spot off the 60 you want to meet and what time? I'm ready to go. :D

We made it to the hotel at 8pm, so good to go in the morning. Claudia cut a tire, so may look for a spare, if so, Rob and I will be there about 9AM.

I saw you guys going up while I was headed home. Hope you had a great time. I love that area. We need to enjoy it while we can...

Just one quick pic from today - fabulous run, awesome scenery, and great company!
DSC_6559.jpg

What a great trip - we started out just north of Superior in the rocks and cactus and went an approx 40 mile expedition that had us coming out in Globe amid the pines. We passed some really cool rock gardens and great scenery all along the way. Stopped for lunch, enjoyed the beautiful day and the people. Some pics:
DSC02894.jpg
DSC02921.jpg
DSC02939.jpg

Tools led and Chasetruck swept for the day. Thx guys~ With some GPS and meeting a 20 unit Jeep group coming from the other way, we made the giant loop back to civilization. I think the Suburban in that other group had 12 people packed in that thing! :eek:. More pics:
DSC02896.jpg
DSC02909.jpg
DSC02964.jpg

we learned from the leader of the Jeep group when we aired up that the Sub at the time we saw it carried ALL the kids from the entire group :hillbilly:

yeah, it was a great day - boatloads of fun :cheers:

here are a few more pics...
DSC_6512.jpg
DSC_6518.jpg
DSC_6554.jpg

OH MY GOD, in those pictures Claudia has all 4 wheels on the ground!!! She must have a broken spring or cracked frame!;)

OH MY GOD, in those pictures Claudia has all 4 wheels on the ground!!! She must have a broken spring or cracked frame!;)

Gave it a quick check after the trail on Sunday and didn't see anything broken, but you have a point, may require a more extensive investigation!:hillbilly:

murf, did the jeep make to home ok?

Yes, he did thanks...He thinks that since his carb is located adjacent to his manifold, he got a little vapor lock which he initally thought was his trans acting up. He needs to install a plate between the two.

Once on the freeway and had some air moving across it, it settled down.

Yes, he did thanks...He thinks that since his carb is located adjacent to his manifold, he got a little vapor lock which he initally thought was his trans acting up. He needs to install a plate between the two.

Once on the freeway and had some air moving across it, it settled down.

That was a pretty good climb, what 3000ft in a few miles? I was flogging it, so bound to make some heat!:hillbilly:

:lol: funny you say that, all my rear spring bushings are shot :rolleyes:

I did have to take it a bit easier, though, since I didn't have a spare tire ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom