Obtuse free mods part uno: Door/seatbelt buzzer mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While you've got the kick panel removed doing your pin-7 mod, dig deeper and higher into the spaghetti of wiring to this blue box. 10-mm deep socket, knive and phillips screw driver is all that's needed. Start to finish takes about 15 mins if you've had that panel removed more than 3 times.

whoops, resizing the rest...
buzzer_box.JPG

Last edited:
this is the offending part...
buzzer_box2.JPG

Last edited:
i don't have buzzers in either of my 80s --

-- i WOULD like to ax the sunroof chime though --

e

using knife you can pop the black plastic cover off to expose the circuit board...
buzzer_circuit1.JPG
buzzer_circuit2.JPG

Last edited:
no need to mess with the two philips screws, the whole board with plug end slides out. Using the knife blade again you can gently pop the soldered tabs off of their attachment to the speaker. That way you can resolder them easily if you want to return it to normal fxn. Cram it all back in and leave that door ajar as much as you please :D :D :beer:
buzzer_speaker.JPG
buzzer_speaker2.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you :)

Why not just unplugged the connector to the box? What does the circuitry in there do?

[quote author=landtank link=board=2;threadid=16647;start=msg160952#msg160952 date=1085102173]
Isn't that the thing that lets you know if you left the keys in the car?
[/quote]

No, that'd be me wee brain ;)

don't know about just unplugging it but I was going from previous experience where several other fxns were tied into that like interior lights, door ajar, seatbelt dash lamp, security system, etc. In fact in the last vehicle I had I actually soldered a resistor in there in place of the speaker. I did this while waiting for someone so I risked having something go wrong with just popping the contacts off the speaker but it works exactly as I expected. Everything works as it should except there's no buzzer. I usually have my driver's door open ALOT during my work and am constantly getting in and out, etc. so this was one of my biggest annoyances. Just thought I'd pass the info along as no one answered my original post on how to disable it.

Mike

Note to self: Don't be too hard on Mike when he rings up needing a key to get into the Cruiser after he locks the keys in it. ;)

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=16647;start=msg161139#msg161139 date=1085119982]

Note to self: Don't be too hard on Mike when he rings up needing a key to get into the Cruiser after he locks the keys in it. ;)
[/quote]

He will feel a buzz in his head when he turns and see his keys in the locked car :D

Mike

Don't listen to them, Mike, this is a cool mod. I'm adding it to the list, will do some day for sure. My doors lock when I push a button on my keychain... I'm surprised the rest of you don't have that too? plus I'm sure you're forward thinking enough to attach a secret backup key to the frame somewhere.. ;)

[quote author=bkgiii link=board=2;threadid=16647;start=msg161523#msg161523 date=1085168989]
What!??? Mine's supposed to chime???
[/quote]

When the sunroof is tilted open (as opposed to slid open) and the key is removed from the ignition and the driver's door is opened.

dammit, Dan............................

OK.......send me the part that will make my buzzer perform as you described.........

I'm getting real sick of this forum......every time I think mine is in pretty good shape, somebody like Eric points out a 'feature' that supposed to be there that I check and mine don't work!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

no need to mess with the two philips screws, the whole board with plug end slides out. Using the knife blade again you can gently pop the soldered tabs off of their attachment to the speaker. That way you can resolder them easily if you want to return it to normal fxn. Cram it all back in and leave that door ajar as much as you please :D :D :beer:

so where the red arrow is in your pic is the tab you pop off?

hmmmmm.... i don't have a single chime/ding in my 80! no sunroof, no nothing.

hmmmmm.... i don't have a single chime/ding in my 80! no sunroof, no nothing.

Maybe you did this mod 4-1/2 years ago when this thread was first posted? :grinpimp:

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom