Paki Top install real time help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The top seems too short for the frame, the windshield attachment seems to use a lot of material, do I have it installed correctly? Any suggestions because I'm 1.5 to 2 inches short of fitting. Any advise would be appreciated, Larry
pakitoptop2resize 001.jpg
pakitoptop2resize 003.jpg
pakitoptop2resize 004.jpg

Can't really tell from the pictures, but the OEM top doesn't overhang the windshield like that.

I think your right but the bracket from Eshan seems fabbed backward, I'll try something else with it, thanks, Larry

Can you post a picture of how you have installed the channel? There are a few areas where you can correct the fitting. Firstly, the top should not be overhanging this much. Secondly there is some adjustment in the rear corners and behind the door where you can shorten the bows to a certain extent. Your problem, however is with the windshield channel fitting.
Please post pics
Ehsan

I think I solved the problem, just rolled the channel, nice work Eshan, much better than I expected, your guy's are craftsmen. Larry
pakitoptop3resize 002.jpg
pakitoptopresize3 001.jpg

That looks really sharp.

Also - nice look with TWO FJ-40's in the garage! I'm impressed!

Rocky

Don't be to impressed, it belongs to a guy that bought it on e-bay from someone in Colorado, they fooled with the wiring and welded it all together, needs a new rear main, a clutch of course and removal of 50 pounds of bondo. I was just seeing if it was an easy fix, no luck, Larry

are the paki tops made of same material as the paki trail tops ?
my trail top fawkin tears if you look at it wrong.
the buckles are all rusted, the snaps pulled out like first use.
I like your guys work but the trail top leaves something to be desired.

I think I solved the problem, just rolled the channel, nice work Eshan, much better than I expected, your guy's are craftsmen. Larry
Glad to see the fit. Looking very nice. Would love to see some in action :)
Ehsan

Larry, What size tires and lift do you have on your cruiser? Looks damn good!

Brian

The tires are 35x13.5 Toyo's on 10 inch wheels, it's a 4 inch skyjacker with one inch extended shackles in the rear, the top is the tan canvas, there is another guy here in Billings that has the vinyl I deffinitly like the canvas better, Larry

Here are a coupla of pictures, the first is with it one way then the other, I still don't think it should stick out like it does but the bottom photo is the only way the top would fit. If you know something else let me know, Larry
pakitoptop2resize 001.jpg
pakitoptop4resize 002.jpg

Thats what I thought and all that I looked at were that way but if I put it that way as in the other picture it would not fit, I thought for a while that the piece for the windshield was bent wrong, I have a front piece from an old kayline I may use it because this won't work for the long run, Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom