Yota Imports (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just put my review up on his website.
This guy was the worst person ever to deal with.
Basically offered to deliver the vehicle to me but delayed it by about nine months. He raised the price multiple times. Since I was remote and not able to inspect a vehicle I had to go based on his photos and his word.
He ended up deciding not to deliver it to me despite it being in the contract so I had to have a friend hang on to it. They are currently taking it to the mechanic now who has told me there's rusted floorboards and holes that have been spray-painted over and none of the mechanical work or fluids have been changed which are in the contract. The mechanic even told me they were a few lug nuts missing. I can give anyone further details if they like. I might make a full post in a different section if I find the proper area

This was my experience with this same company, Yota Imports, during a transaction in which they were just shipping something in which i owned. Horrible business ethics, I would avoid doing business with the company. Lots of other options out there, do your research.

Last edited:
I have seen Joe's work at get togethers in Dallas. Hes good guy and knows diesels. Send hina PM. Hes sold stuff here and his prices were reasonable for diesel items.

Duke contacted me a couple years back wanting racks, bumpers, sliders, etc............ I didn't care for his attitude, reviews I read at the time or the comments from other Mudders who had dealt with him...

Like others said drive/fly out and inspect in person.. I'd ask for detail pics of certain spots on the cruiser first before making travel plans.

J

I had a nightmare of an experience dealing with him, attempting to order a decal kit. What I received was complete junk, nothing like what was advertised. After 3+ months of promises and run around, I eventually had to get a refund via paypal dispute. I then ordered a decal kit from cruiserworld.eu which was perfect.

My advice is, stay far, far away from Yota Imports. If you do deal with him, use credit card or paypal, so at least you have recourse if he fails to deliver. Don't pay cash or wire anything!

Spread the word this guy is a huge scammer. If I remember correctly the owner's name is Duke I have his cell or at least it used to be a cell I haven't verified if he still uses the same number

I bought an HJ61 from duke about a year and a half ago.
He quoted me a price and sent me pictures of a VERY clean looking vehicle. I thought it was fair and we proceeded.
I went to Oregon to pick it up at his facility, but he wasnt there, so his brother actually did the transaction.
Long story short, the vehicle was WAY more rusty than I had expected. Absolutely massive rust problems that took some real digging to find.
The truck was in very good condition mechanically, and I needed it as a work vehicle anyway. When I got home, I pressure washed it, and huge hunks of bondo and filler just started to fall out everywhere.

I contacted him about the problem, and he agreed to refund me $1,000, which never materialized.

Lesson learned. Avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom