Yet another CDN m101 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not 100% sure yet. likely welding the pintle sleeve into it! ill have to play with it to see if it’s even possible. i could always go with a lock n roll type hitch if i can’t make the pintle work

Get one of these:

IMG_1239.PNG

i’ve seen those. i want to try and design something that’ll pivot yet. maybe ill fail and that will be my back up

Last edited:
almost road worthy. just need some bolts and i need to attach my chains and then all good

i cut the hitch stand off and welded it onto a new mount. i need to pretty it up a bit yet but it’ll support the tongue for sure
94424356-2734-4354-A6EE-6F5BBCDF75FB.jpeg

498BAE06-9B4D-4B37-B107-72D3CC0DE306.jpeg

i also want to gusset where the square tube attaches to the trailer body.

well crap. i was just looking at my pictures of the trailer before i started changing things and realized i put the leg on backwards. oh well. another job for another day

i started to cut the leg bracket off to turn it around. it was nice to see my welds held so tight because it was going to be a bugger to cut it off without wrecking something. then it hit me, maybe just try turning the leg around in it’s bracket. well it worked. i welded up the cut i started and it’s all good. the i started on a roof rack. i think my design will work nice but it was too windy to get nice welds. my 40 is filling my shop so i can’t get the trailer in and close the doors. ill have to wait to a calmer day to finish up
B2B56F55-75ED-4BEA-ADEC-44BB0A76A4F8.jpeg

i also kept the chains just bolted on so when i extend the tongue i can move them too

Last edited:
welded my rack on tonight. it’s the start of many attempts to build some rack accessories i believe. this’ll be the foundation for them all. and at least i’ll be able to strap my canoe on right away

9628DC64-5799-4AEC-BA3B-C02A74FA2ABA.jpeg
0EA848BC-97F8-48DB-90D0-8415E6DD5AF9.jpeg
F2B5D433-9EF5-400F-A9E2-C54CA9A33EDE.jpeg

just put 7000km on the trailer driving to grand canyon and back. it did great. now i need to give it some love. the rust was looking pretty bad so i figured before i loose all the metal i should get it painted. took it in yesterday to get a quote to get it sandblasted. they said things were slow so they took it then. today i got it back already! the metal is actually in quite good shape yet. just a few areas to rebuild along the bed sill and then i can paint it!
B802C544-8237-4D60-9D20-BB11668254A9.jpeg

i’m going to build a few more things on it too like a tray i. front of the fender to put water tanks or fuel. also want to put a battery and 12 bolt outlet to plug a cooler in. lastly i want to put an led light in it for when i’m looking for stuff at night while camping.

i’ve almost finished the metal work on some rust along the bed sill. next will be POR15 followed by bed liner. i’ve decided to try using proform buck shot bed liner to then line just the bed area. any one have experience with this stuff? cost is good and it’s a polyeurathane coating and is spray on. ill do it while the POR is tacky plus use POR self etching primer to get adherence. i’m going to paint the rest of the trailer olive drab again as it seems to fit the style. i’ve bought the POR and buck shot. ill buy the rest of the paint later. total cost will be about $700 CAD for all paint

Looking good. If it’s blasted to metal you could save a bunch of money and return that POR15.
Just solid primer and paint it especially with the bedliner and you’ll never have to worry about it again.

the POR is just such a nice protective layer. paint and primer will still chip with gravel that gets kicked up. the POR i’m hoping will help prevent that. i’m in a climate that the trailer will see wet and salt so every layer i can give it will hopefully help it not rust away

Last edited:
i built a front fender extension and ran some conduit for some wiring. now it’s at a buddy’s place getting painted. bed liner is in. epoxy primer underneath. ill do a spray can rocker guard under it later when it warm enough here. then he’s done a POR 15 coat on the outside of the box. tonight he’s going to top coat it. it’s going to be sweet!!
098DB8B3-2969-4A46-8735-CF8BF673FFA2.jpeg
92C95545-EEB5-4612-AC83-744ABC86DB64.jpeg
8674AF9A-429D-4231-B403-DBA69184CBFE.jpeg
76A25F68-FBD1-49C6-880D-AE36A2F2AF5F.jpeg

Last edited:
painted and bed lined. i just put my refurbished reflectors on and some new reflector tape. i’m waiting for my lights to get painted to i can rewire everything and then i need to fix my park brake. it’s already got a few rust sport poking through from under the seam sealer. ill have to keep an eye on that too. it’s a utility trailer though. not a beauty queen
EAC78BBA-7371-4F2D-A3A9-CDE64F02D1DC.jpeg
196913CA-5400-42AB-A380-E0D023BE9886.jpeg

CD104099-EC96-4CF5-A469-0C49F17A18B8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom