WTF should I do ?! WIFE CRASHED THE CAR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long Story Short... Wife crashed the 05 gx470 (our nice car) with 150k miles . The fix it shop told me I couldn't drive it, but I did, I just couldn't turn right. The engine sounds fine, but now will die if I take jumpers off (alternator?). I left it as is all winter as my estimate was 8k for a full fix.

Is there anyway to just make this drivable ? The rest of the car is pretty much flawless. It kind of looks like if I just pulled the frame back to where it was that I might have a chance of driving?

What would I ever sell this for as is?

Any thoughts from the pros on what to do?

I have had enough dumb jokes from my dad and brothers so can we just pass on those, please and thank ou.

gx 470 3.jpg

gx470 1.jpg

gx 470 2.jpg

I think that’s a good price. I backed the 4Runner into a wall like an idiot and the repair will be 4k, way less damage.

If you are not mechanically inclined to that level save the money and have it done right.

Should I pay 8k to have it fully restored ? Only 160k miles . I mean, I am having difficulty beating that price on the used market.
I would not. If you hold out for a similar one with similar mileage for $8-10k and sell your GX for $3-4k you'd be money ahead.

I see rust, sun bleached headlights, corroded wheels, etc. Do you have insurance? I would take the claim on this one whether it’s a repair or write off and shop for a cleaner one myself.

To add to the parts list, rad, condenser, power steering reservoir maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom