Wanted WTB: Front FJ40 HFS 4" leaf spring (old style) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all... Looking to replace my bent spring. CCOT says they changed their springs about 6 years ago and the are not backwards compatible? I'm not too sure what that means actually but they said it wouldn't work.

Regards,
Eric
IMG_20201112_150523658[1].jpg

IMG_20201112_150523658[1].jpg

I think your steering rod is bent too.

I’m going to guess Your spring eye bound up in the shackle. I have seen this in HFS setups before. The spring and shackle are not compatible. You could cut back the overload wrap to make the clearance, or just use a Marks Off Road shackle which has a beefier gusset AND more clearance. This is what I did for my client with HFS springs on Project Remote Control.

Hth.

Thanks Mark. Pretty sure it was the huge rock that either flipped the shackle or pushed it so hard against the hanger that it put a nice gouge in it. I never saw the shackle flipped. Other side shows contact but no indents or hard contact. The lift has been installed for around 15 years and there is zero indication of any contact between the shackle and spring. Also that gusset is a 1/4x1" C-channel... what you got more than that? :) Steering rod is a lukes 4x4 setup and is straight too.

Regards,
Eric

IMG_20201112_154954670[1].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom