WTB ►► ARB Awning 2000m x 2500m (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I should put my awning out in the sun! They are logo crazy with all of their products. Look at the trash bag they offer. Good lord! Mine was very well packaged for shipping. I hate the generic ropes and stakes that come with any of these things. I use Rope Ratchets to make it easy to adjust the lines with a carabiner on the other end. I also use better stakes including the Orange Screw kind for sandy conditions. Expensive but they work great. On the Mojave road, we had 40 mph winds. The Orange Screws were the only kind that would stay in the ground.

I should put my awning out in the sun! They are logo crazy with all of their products. Look at the trash bag they offer. Good lord! Mine was very well packaged for shipping. I hate the generic ropes and stakes that come with any of these things. I use Rope Ratchets to make it easy to adjust the lines with a carabiner on the other end. I also use better stakes including the Orange Screw kind for sandy conditions. Expensive but they work great. On the Mojave road, we had 40 mph winds. The Orange Screws were the only kind that would stay in the ground.

Wow 40 mph...my awning is not coming out great stakes or not.

Just received my Ironman 2500x2500 as well. All parts were there, and the box was mostly intact. I will ditch the plastic tension brackets in lieu of taught line hitches. The brackets will wear a hole in the awning over time when stowed.

Added bonus: the awning cover is a good match for my antique Sage 40th! Those ARB awnings have gone up about $100 in the last 7 (?) years. Hello Ironman!

The Ironman awning showed up and the box from Oregon looked like it was in a war. The awning was in great condition but I was shorted stakes and guide rope. I called and they said we will send you some. We will see
The awning has the features I wanted and at over a $100less than a matching ARB it’s a great deal. I have had several ARB awning and they all leaked. In ARB defense they sent new awnings every time I called. Ironman looks to have done a better job on waterproofing.
The Ironman logo is horrible and the colors OMG
View attachment 2381090

It didn’t take long before the logo started to fade away

View attachment 2381091View attachment 2381092View attachment 2381093

With the logo gone the install was easy. Very nice awning and price at $200 shipped

View attachment 2381094

the logo on that truck should be RCP (Ram Cruiser Phil). Nice look getting rid of the Ironman logo.

the logo on that truck should be RCP (Ram Cruiser Phil). Nice look getting rid of the Ironman logo.

Its a company vehicle :happy:

Did some awning testing in the rain. For ~$125 less than an ARB the Ironman is a good deal.
The Ironman is 5lbs lighter than an ARB and you can feel it in the poles. Feels like they will bend if treated like the ARB
The awning material is more cloth like and I like sound better in the rain.
I bolted the awning directly to the camper and no leaks behind it.
Just like the ARB takes about 1 minute to set up and put away solo
In the end I think the Ironman will work for most.
I will say my ARB has gone flying a couple of times without any issues (so far) Im not sure the Ironman would have made it.

IMG_8789.JPG

Last edited:
Nice truck btw.
This is my Duramax I'm converting.

I'm ordering the new ARB rack to replace my touring rack. Left over from my Landcruiser.
I have the ARB awning, room enclosure, side shade, and a few other goodies.
Once the new rack in on. Then a new RTT, The snug top I picked up for cheap and I'm making a shelving and storage for Overland gear.

20200729_193445.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom