Wrenching Wednesday Updates: (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

net step with the seats is to stip them, have them powder coated, and replace the padding and reassemble - during your future repaint.
Actually, I have some SOR covers to go over the new ones... The old seats are up for grabs. Want an upgrade?

@ErikinSC , when you have a chance, could you take a picture of how you ran your winch power cables? I just ran mine under the bib and along the sidewall, but I'm sure there's a better way.

Yes, but I can do better than that. I can stop by tomorrow... if you got time?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have a disconnect switch that I want to install still... so that I can isolate the winch . MAy be a mini-hamon item.... or a Wrenchig Wedesday solo item.

Last edited:
Yes, but I can do better than that. I can stop by tomorrow... if you got time?

View attachment 1165388

View attachment 1165390

I have a disconnect switch that I want to install still... so that I can isolate the winch . MAy be a mini-hamon item.... or a Wrenchig Wedesday solo item.
My social director has forbidden any activities that do not involve building kitchen cabinets and clearing out the kitchen... I might sneak away for lunch though... :). What time do your church activities finish up?

Oh, and I need to replace the winch line and replace a solenoid. It runs out but doesn't reel back in.

Let us know if this is a HAMOM and we can help

Rebuilding the front axle on a friend of mine's 62...the one I drove in the parade last time.
Doing some other stuff, too, but that is the biggie.

Let us know if this is a HAMOM and we can help

I'm not sure if it will require a full on HAMOM, but between talking about it, bragging about it, running to O'Riley's, ordering lunch, and taking selfies while installing the 2 bolts, I am pretty sure I can handle it in about 2 hours. 3 hours if I stop to drink a few beers and admire my work.

blah blah blah ...drink a few beers and... blah blah blah
Did you forget one of the first rules of HAMOM and why we volunteer to help?

So..... I guess no one is wrenching on Wednesdays anymore, eh?

Can't wait for Wednesday! I'll be in the garage wrenching today!

45qt basket swap, mount a Hi-Lift, adjust the carb / swap in some different jets, retune the engine.... And maybe drink a beer...

Before - 35qt :

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451164953.964710.jpg

After - 45qt w/Hi-Lift :

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451165004.653891.jpg

Everything fits nicely with a minimal overhang past edge of truck of the 3/4" basket tube.

Now....the question is will you ever have to use the Hi-Lift???

Absolutely.... As soon as I take it off and leave it at home....

Checking and measuring Dwell vs gapping points is shockingly cooler !

yeah, but they still suck

Timing! It's everything ! Re-set timing to @ 10-12 BTDC (BB at bottom of timing mark window, below the pointer....) And she's purring again! Vacuum gauge concurred with 20in Hg steady!

Wrenching in the rain !

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451347873.584967.jpg

Test drove nicely again !

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451350551.772522.jpg

Until someone teaches me otherwise - all hail the vacuum gauge ! Even reset the lean best idle mixture using it tonight - more sensitive than the Sunpro tach.

Vacuum Gauge is always more accurate.
It's the only way to do multiple carbs. ..e.g. motorcycles or other little
foreign cars.
I always had one (vacuum pump ) turning wrenches, but used it most for checking vacuum motors.

Until someone teaches me otherwise - all hail the vacuum gauge ! Even reset the lean best idle mixture using it tonight - more sensitive than the Sunpro tach.
Probably want to bring that thing on the trail. Or at least next time you have to drive up any sort of incline! :lol:

I need to learn your wrenching ways, man! I have a new clutch master/slave cylinder and lines to be installed. Wife gave me a "free day" tomorrow to do the installation so I might be calling on The LCLC to give me a hand if I get stuck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom