Wrench Day March 18th in Columbus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Steve:

We definitely got Marty's 80 series front axle job.

We'll hopefully get a start on dual battery and maybe a winch install....

Anything else?
-o-

Thanks Beno! I searched yesterday and found those #

Hey, Beno

What type of batteries are you running? I just might be able to hook you up with some red top optimas. I might be getting four for cheap. One for Timmy's junk also.
Anyhow, I'll check back later.

We will be firing the FTOY for the first time that day...it's lookin' that way :popcorn:

If there is interest and a 40 that WILL be there, for some measurments. we could fab up a seat cradle. Nothing to fancy but I need it. Also I need to cut down a rear panel and weld it back together like a few inches less wider.....

Its going on my 40 so if its abit fawked up it will fit right in with the rest of it....

zetasig said:
If there is interest and a 40 that WILL be there, for some measurments. we could fab up a seat cradle. Nothing to fancy but I need it. Also I need to cut down a rear panel and weld it back together like a few inches less wider.....

Its going on my 40 so if its abit fawked up it will fit right in with the rest of it....

Sounds like a plan Warren. I'm sure there will be another 40 there.

I'll have the 80 so no my 40 won't be there.

So, as time gets closer, can we list up a definite TO DO list:

From my recollection we are so far wrenching the following:

1. Marty's 80 series front axle job
2. Starting up Van Meter's rig and hopefully taking it on some rocks (ie: pics!!)
3. Fabbing Warren's seat cradle..

All of this should take us most of the day with breaks, chatting, eating (you better be bringing the Brats Warren--:grinpimp: ).

If there is anything else, let's post it up so we are prepared.

Any word on Nick...I think he should be an honorary member--jeez...he should be an honorary member of maybe ten or twelve clubs considering his road travels.

Looking forward to this, as always.

See you then gents.
-o-

Hey Onur,

I think Warren just financed the fuel with a used parts purchase so I'll probably get there. Unless I end up out on the east coast picking up a truck before then. :D

Nick

beno said:
So, as time gets closer, can we list up a definite TO DO list:

From my recollection we are so far wrenching the following:

1. Marty's 80 series front axle job
2. Starting up Van Meter's rig and hopefully taking it on some rocks (ie: pics!!)
3. Fabbing Warren's seat cradle..

All of this should take us most of the day with breaks, chatting, eating (you better be bringing the Brats Warren--:grinpimp: ).

If there is anything else, let's post it up so we are prepared.

Any word on Nick...I think he should be an honorary member--jeez...he should be an honorary member of maybe ten or twelve clubs considering his road travels.

Looking forward to this, as always.

See you then gents.
-o-

If you think you have the time, you can do a complete frame-off on my 40....:D

....I was hoping to swing by, but I will be in WV that weekend...:frown:

Have fun..and take pics!:cheers:

Marty

OHIOFJ40 said:
If you think you have the time, you can do a complete frame-off on my 40....:D

....I was hoping to swing by, but I will be in WV that weekend...:frown:

Have fun..and take pics!:cheers:

Marty

hey--are you the other Marty? :grinpimp:

We'll take pics and post up....

Have a good trip....

Maybe something on your 40 is a good next wrench session item.

Cheers.
-onur

beno said:
Maybe something on your 40 is a good next wrench session item.

Cheers.
-onur

Gotta New, never worked on anything garage in MISHIGUN.....

Damn old glass fuses. I cant even power up the "big" compressor right now.

Looks like I am off to Columbus this weekend and next.

I will try to get some drawings of the cradle and some measurements. Mind you I am Polish and I personally feel that the level was a tool created by the devil to personally fawk with me. I got one of thoses laser level things for Christmas but only find it fun to shoot myself in the eyes.

I will bring my Tail gate insert as well. MARK do you have a band saw at the shop? Not a portaband but a real laydown in a bed of oil bandsaw. I would like to make two straight cuts on this tailgate piece and then weld it back together.

10 brats enough? Hell are there ever enough brats.

Warren,

I have a cradle that is currently out of the truck. Fits a '76; not sure how that relates to a '70 tub. Maybe I'll have to visit Marty and compare. What seats are you planning to use? I can bring the cradle as a "pattern" if it matches up.

As for the tailgate: Figure out how much has to come off. We can mark it up with a square and a scribe then cut and grind to fit. Not a problem to get it back to straight and square. But then it might not fit yer truck... ;p

10 brats? Dude, you best get to packing some more of them bad boys!

Nick

Nick...So you will be driving seperately? Good :) I'm bringing the baby with me to stay at the grandparents. If you can't make it up, I can bring Warren's stuff with me if it's not too greasy.

phishtaco said:
Nick...So you will be driving seperately? Good :) I'm bringing the baby with me to stay at the grandparents. If you can't make it up, I can bring Warren's stuff with me if it's not too greasy.
Marty,

Once I saw that Marty-the-younger was goin' I figured I needed to take my own ride! Besides, I keep tellin' folks I have Cruisers but I always seem to show up with some other vehicle. Maybe the 60 will hold together long enough for me to drive it up. Might even have the EFI system on it by then...

Nick

zebrabeefj40 said:
Marty,

Once I saw that Marty-the-younger was goin......

This is too many Marty's...even I am starting to get confused...:grinpimp:

-Marty (the other one)

OHIOFJ40 said:
This is too many Marty's...even I am starting to get confused...:grinpimp:

-Marty (the other one)
Marty-the-younger = Marty's child. I don't remember his wife's name so I can use that in front of "-the-younger" to refer to her either. Sorry fer the confusion - maybe...:D

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom