Parting Out Wrecked Locked 1997 FZJ80 Complete (San Diego) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
**SOLD**

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
193,044 miles
Factory Lockers
White Exterior
Tan Interior

Wrecked August 2010, been sitting in the garage ever since. Swapped over some parts to my ’95 LC that I got to replace this rig.

About the wreck: Our New Land Cruiser Saved Our Lives

About the build prior to the wreck: Sold my 40, picked up an 80....got a couple questions....

The Good:

Motor and drivetrain were well maintained and in good shape prior to the accident, as we were actually on the way back from a 2.5 week trip when the accident occurred

Truck was purchased back from insurance after the settlement and trailered back from the tow yard in Las Vegas to San Diego and then I actually drove the truck off the trailer and into the garage, where it is sat since.

Had ideas of building it into a desert buggy or going a different route of parting it out, but with kids, sports, and other time consuming activities taking priority, another project just isn’t a reality at this point.

The Bad:

I did drive it into the garage 6 years ago, but it has been sitting since. I tried to start it for the first time since then, and it cranks, but it didn’t start. It could be bad gas, or fouled plugs, but it didn’t fire.

The interior was cleaner and in better shape on this ’97 than the ’95 I got to replace this truck, so I did swap over most the interior. I did not reassemble the interior after the fact since my original plans didn’t make sense to do so, but all parts are present.

Some of the salvageable aftermarket parts were removed and swapped over to my ’95 LC:

· Suspension was swapped out (currently has stock springs)
· Snorkel was removed
· Sliders were removed
· RTT and awning were removed
· Tire carrier was removed
· Winch was removed, but ARB bull bar still remains (damaged)
· Lightforce Offroad Lights were removed

The Ugly:

The truck rolled 4+ times at freeway speed. It has a few scratches as a result…. That being said, the motor and drivetrain did survive and are still in good shape.

The transmission cooler was ripped open due to the force of the accident.

The rear brake calipers have severe leaks due to swapping in from my ’95 LC and could use a rebuild.

In Conclusion:

This truck has sentimental value due to enjoying adventures in it and for saving our lives despite a traumatic accident. I will be sad to see it go despite it just taking up a spot in he garage over these past several years. It will serve well as a parts rig or as a project for a buggy or some other fun exciting project. But I have to accept reality that I don’t have the time to make it into the project I wanted for it so I am now offering it up for sale.

I am selling complete. No exceptions. Please do not ask for parting out.

$1600 or best offer. Locked axles with good motor and drivetrain should be worth at least that.

Located in North San Diego

Last edited:
I am only interested in selling it whole. Thanks for the question. (The only prefix available in this section is "parting out" or "vendor")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom