Woodmizer, turning trees into timber (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great day to mill more pine boards for the property on the LT35 Woodmizer. Planning the next trip for September. Need to get this finished up for some winter trips in the snow.
7C3735BB-BF8B-48DA-B1C9-658DD6BA5804.jpeg

851DA322-17E3-4A3A-8B40-C4F9C1469C30.jpeg

D7A6D8B9-DFB0-4396-B41E-C5159ACB4054.jpeg

C60445A5-3F7A-45B4-A04B-345EF64BD453.jpeg

12FADAE7-2397-47F8-86B2-08325C0FFAE1.jpeg

I just found this thread. Doh!

Been watching this thread some and today the idea of using a wood mizer to kill some of my oak, hickory and pecan crossed my mind.

To say I have zero experience doing this except for cutting and splitting firewood is an understatement.

Are these practical for the hardwoods? I’ve got several trees that seem to be sporadically dying (always a concern in itself) and tons of smaller ones I simply want to remove.

For the hardwoods I’ve mentioned need to be cured in some kinda fashion to be able and be used?

Been watching this thread some and today the idea of using a wood mizer to kill some of my oak, hickory and pecan crossed my mind.

To say I have zero experience doing this except for cutting and splitting firewood is an understatement.

Are these practical for the hardwoods? I’ve got several trees that seem to be sporadically dying (always a concern in itself) and tons of smaller ones I simply want to remove.

For the hardwoods I’ve mentioned need to be cured in some kinda fashion to be able and be used?
Plenty of owners mill hardwoods, they just use a different blade. There’s different blades for hardwoods and softwoods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom