Wondering if the security system is keeping my 1994 Land Cruiser from firing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have never had a problem with my 1994 land cruiser firing and have had it for 25 years. Yesterday I went out and it turns over fine but no fire. Wondering if the security system is doing it and how to reset it if so. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

If its the RS3000 that was in my rig, its super simple to unplug everything and test the theory.
All the plugs are in the driver's kick panel. Unplug the RS3000 components and reconnect the truck's plugs back to each other.

There are a couple things to check, I had the immobilizer cause problems on m8ne and removed it. When this happens look on the dash, is the ecu light (check engine light) on or off?

I have never had a problem with my 1994 land cruiser firing and have had it for 25 years. Yesterday I went out and it turns over fine but no fire. Wondering if the security system is doing it and how to reset it if so. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
My 91 had the same issue, with the switch in the on position the cel wouldn't turn on and would crank but not start this was about 7 years ago i think i was able to jump a couple of pins in the engine bay to check for codes which it flashes and it was a bad MAF sensor.

Thanks
heres a video on how to read the codes on your obd1

Thanks
I believe the RS3000 interrupts the starter circuit so the starter will not fire.
A crank-no start is likely a different issue.
With the key in the ON/RUN position before cranking the starter, the CEL should be illuminated. NO CEL=NO START.
First check should be the fusible links off the positive battery terminal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom