Wits' End bad experience, buyer beware (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wrong! Not sure when you posted that on your page but that was no where listed on your page when I ordered two months ago. Maybe you finally decided to put that up after you got tired of people bitching at you. You have enough fanboys so you‘re all good!
Or you didn’t read it. I get lots and lots and LOTS of customers that don’t read. They are all understanding. Except you. You came here to whine instead of admitting that “maybe” you missed it. It’s ok. 🍺

Or you didn’t read it. I get lots and lots and LOTS of customers that don’t read. They are all understanding. Except you. You came here to whine instead of admitting that “maybe” you missed it. It’s ok. 🍺
Unreal...I warned other members as other members have about how you run your business. Mission accomplished. 👌🏾

You think your pretty smart 😂! Don’t you know you can pull up web page cache history files if a page has just been updated recently and still pull the previous page. Just pulled up your page with no mention of it being out of stock so it means you just added that disclaimer recently and tried to cover up your s*** service. Who’s the idiot now??

This is the kind of business people give their money to? Instead of being the bigger person and admitting they could do better they lie and slander their customer to cover up their s*** service.

94AB1CED-C44A-4107-97FD-2A58F3ECE548.jpeg

Dude that means zero. How many browser caches did you have to go thru to find the one you needed? How many browsers do you have available to you. Between my laptop on my desk, my iPad and my cell phone I have about 9 browsers. Im sure I can check each one’s cache and find something different going back years depending on how long it’s been since I’ve visited the site.

This has been fun but I’m bored and I have work to do. 🍺

Dude that means zero. How many browser caches did you have to go thru to find the one you needed? How many browsers do you have available to you. Between my laptop on my desk, my iPad and my cell phone I have about 9 browsers. Im sure I can check each one’s cache and find something different going back years depending on how long it’s been since I’ve visited the site.

This has been fun but I’m bored and I have work to do. 🍺
You got caught plain and simple. Anyone reading this think before you support this guy…

@bajaguy949 dude you lost again. Here is a cache from my laptop. It shows NONE of the notes which means this is how it looked a year ago. Trying to use caching for what you are trying to is just your way of not admitting you don’t read. It’s ok to admit you might have ****ed up but going all in. Totally get it.

3A4B1531-DAE4-41B8-B3D3-292E9ECEF34F.jpeg

@bajaguy949 dude you lost again. Here is a cache from my laptop. It shows NONE of the notes which means this is how it looked a year ago. Trying to use caching for what you are trying to is just your way of not admitting you don’t read. It’s ok to admit you might have f***ed up but going all in. Totally get it.

View attachment 2952889
This is fun....Google Web page Cache with time stamp from Mar 11, 2022 09:46:37 GMT where it says nothing about it being out stock. I ordered 2 and half months ago...Funny how you removed if from your page now and it cant be ordered. Just stop because you obviously are proving the negative posts about you every time you post. You just got caught in a lie trying to cover up your s***ty service.

What I don't get is you admit that you ignore customers emails asking for updates because you get too many and that you admit to having s***ty customer service but you get your panties in a bunch when people post crap about you.

Why not man up and apologize and try to do better???

loser.JPG

Can't see Joey's responses to any of these comments because he chose to ignore me after I posted a negative experience myself. At this point you just gotta laugh about it. The guy is delusional. Not worth arguing with him but definitely worth making others aware of his business practices.

It’s a shame there are so many Bad Seller post about WE. For the past year or so, I’ve been wanting to purchase several items. I swap over to Mud and nothing seems to have improved. Hope all this gets resolved.

I have boutght multiple things from Wits End without any problems and wouldn't think twice about doing so again (in fact I will). Just be aware of what you are buying and that it may have a lead time. Most of his products I have received in a week or less. I bought his York OBA and knew it was still in production (he made this clear on his website and in communication with him) and it arrived in typical Wits'End perfectionism glory once he recieved all the parts from machining/plating etc. Have reasonable expectations, read the product description/availability and remember we are still in a pandemic with global shortages of everything and I am sure you will be happy with the service and products you receive.

I have boutght multiple things from Wits End without any problems and wouldn't think twice about doing so again (in fact I will). Just be aware of what you are buying and that it may have a lead time. Most of his products I have received in a week or less. I bought his York OBA and knew it was still in production (he made this clear on his website and in communication with him) and it arrived in typical Wits'End perfectionism glory once he recieved all the parts from machining/plating etc. Have reasonable expectations, read the product description/availability and remember we are still in a pandemic with global shortages of everything and I am sure you will be happy with the service and products you receive.

You Wits End groupies are like Biden/Trump supporters. No matter how s***ty a job either person does if they fit your agenda you choose to ignore all the negative things they do. Did you not read the posts on this thread? The item I ordered didn't say there were any issues or delay's when I ordered. I tried to get an update for FIVE WEEKS and got ZERO responses. I had enough at that point and filed a charge back on my credit card.

Good for you that you were successful in playing Russian Roulette with Wits and the items you ordered were in stock.

Oops, duplicate post.

@bajaguy949 I have read the negative review threads and it seems to me that there are a couple of people who have had negative experiences, but the majority of people actually have not. It is just as reasonable for anyone to post positive experiences with a buyer as it is to post negative experiences. Calling people "groupies" to discredit them or their experience isn't constructive. I am sorry you had a bad experience. The general culture today is to complain only and never relate positive experiences. My experiences have been great with wits'end.

I was posting in response to @NicksFJ40 comment and letting him and other buyers know that I haven't had any problems. He is interested in some of the products but is reluctant to buy due to a few people's posts. That is valid, but those few people are just 1 or 2 data points being expressed loudly on this forum. If that is all that is expressed, than that is all the data that is seen. Whether anyone chooses to buy a product from wits'end or any other vendor is up to them, but I would be sad if someone wanted something wits'end made and chose not to buy it without seeing at least a couple of other data points that show a positive experience.

@bajaguy949 I have read the negative review threads and it seems to me that there are a couple of people who have had negative experiences, but the majority of people actually have not. It is just as reasonable for anyone to post positive experiences with a buyer as it is to post negative experiences. Calling people "groupies" to discredit them or their experience isn't constructive. I am sorry you had a bad experience. The general culture today is to complain only and never relate positive experiences. My experiences have been great with wits'end.

I was posting in response to @NicksFJ40 comment and letting him and other buyers know that I haven't had any problems. He is interested in some of the products but is reluctant to buy due to a few people's posts. That is valid, but those few people are just 1 or 2 data points being expressed loudly on this forum. If that is all that is expressed, than that is all the data that is seen. Whether anyone chooses to buy a product from wits'end or any other vendor is up to them, but I would be sad if someone wanted something wits'end made and chose not to buy it without seeing at least a couple of other data points that show a positive experience.
Good for you. I hope you receive more glorious packages from wits sprinkled with fairy dust. Sorry, but if how a person runs there business isn’t telling enough in this thread and others then go ahead and give him your money.

Tries to discredit customer they ignored for five weeks but took their money.
Covers their own crappy service up by lying and saying an item was out of stock when it never was stated on the website and blaming customer for not being able to read.

Wonder why he hasn’t posted since I called him out and caught him in his lie??

I guess I am ok with waiting for fairy dust :) If a customer gets his money back and the problem is ultimately rectified it is fine to comment on the experience. When a customer just can't let it go and keeps on brining it up and arguing with people who have had good experiences it starts to reflect more poorly on the customer than the business. The customer isn't always right and when the discussion stops being productive and just becomes a complaining fest and the customer refuses to be satisfied after things are settled and in the past it is no wonder wits' end hasn't responded to you. I just about didn't, and will probably not respond again. Learn to let things like this go and you will be a happier person. Cheers ;)

Sorry if someone had a bad experience. I have had half a dozen good experiences with Wits End. I will also tend to choose the word of someone with hundreds if not thousands of posts on this site, rather than someone who has recently joined with a few posts. All of our expectations are different and my expectations were met multiple time over the last few years. Wish Joey and his business well and hope my type of experience continues. We need creative sellers, mechanics and products to keep these rigs going, and only a few good dealers and mechanics now have staff working that know what they are doing it seems.

Being a small business owner my self. I find it difficult to please everyone. There is no doubt that not everyone will be happy.

Of course people get easily fired up to write a negative remark or experience but will not write a positive one.

I really don't know Joey. I've seen his useful posts on this forum. I also like his products that he makes. And I have a lot of.

I think it's important to be patient as well. These last 2 years have been really really tough on supply-chain and we're no where near the end of it.

With that being said, all the delays are to be expected from this whole industry and others.

A better way to navigate these delays are by offering ways to help if you can. You don't have to, but it would be nice if you could. Joey seems to involve the public in what is going in his business. Not every business owner does that. and he really doesn't have to. If you are not happy with the delay, just ask for a refund. Publicly shaming a business for delays will not get you anywhere. It also hurts the business and he has no control over it.

I have been buying from Wits End since last year. I'm really happy with the service and quality of products. I also like that I'm buying from an enthusiast who is passionate for cruisers and off-road. I understand that my parts may not arrive on time. I appreciate the efforts he is putting into making problem solving products. The fit and finish are in par with what Toyota makes if not better in most cases.

Best of luck to you Joey. I need nothing from you. I appreciate what you have done and continue to do.

I would suggest hiring additional customer service if your monthly orders are going up. If you have time to personally manage this, there are software solutions that could be integrated in your website to help with order management and supply chain.

in short, I'm a happy customer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom