With or without it (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have this pic thou, This how the guard look on the truck, the pic shown still original JDM guard before I painted.
ELFORD_02.jpg

Your guards will match your paint and the lights you have are better looking LED's so it would look alot better than the above pic.

Last edited:
I would have to vote guard on, but only if paint matched. I would actually like to have the guards on mine, I've come close to breaking my plastic lens covers a few times.

i agree with zc i think you could pull the guards off nicely if color matched, if not no guards. good luck

I have this pic thou, This how the guard look on the truck, the pic shown still original JDM guard before I painted.

No guards fo sho'!!

NO guards.

The lights are flush with the body...so if the guard was just a thin piece that sat over the lights, sure.

Sticking out as they do looks terrible.

No guards, no guards, no guards (say it like you are chanting)

I would have to vote guard on, but only if paint matched. I would actually like to have the guards on mine, I've come close to breaking my plastic lens covers a few times.

if you actually wheel you are better off not having guards, without you just have to replace the tail light, if you smack a gaurd you loose a tail light and a fender,

I get the feeling some of you don't know waht LX_TREME's truck looks like and where he is going with it, certainly not a wheeler. it is the same color as those "gaurds"

I like no guard... With guard has more of a bling look, though, so it seems to fit your truck better.

LX has a whole different ride than the rest of us. Clean has a fully different meaning here. The damage multiplier from trail damage has no relevance in this one case.

For your truck, use the guards paint matched. The no-guard ones look utilitarian and interrupt the organic flow that you have going.

For the rest of us, no guards. The guarded ones would look out of place on a trail rig.

If somebody decides to write the definitive history of 80 series trucks, I think LX_treme would have his own chapter. An amazing vehicle.

Use the guard dude it will fly on your truck...............

LX_TREME- Now that I see them both on your truck, the paint matched guards look better than without. Didn't think so before, but now I do. They fit your truck's theme, lines, and color better.

PS: you took the trouble to use a tripod for those pics, didn't you? :D

Like the guards on your truck. They'd look lousy color matched on a white LC, probably good on Red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom