wiring problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 69 fj 40. I got all of the electrical systems to work with the exception of the left rear brake light. The left rear turn and 4 way flashers work, as does everthing else. I have 12 volt power from the two green/white brakelight switch wires, but when they get to the 4 way flasher, only one wire has power. They must go through diodes or some sort of device that prevents them from back feeding power to the other wire or the front turn signals.

I cannot get to the harness between the two switches as it is behind the steering wheel suport bracket. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to remove the harness if I dont have to .

Hello,
It sounds like your problem may be more electrical related if you are not getting power on one wire, but I had a similar problem on mine after I pulled my tailight housings to paint my bumper. After I re-installed them, I couldnt get the left brake tail to work even though it worked before my tinkering.. Turned out to be a bad ground at the housing. The light is grounded to the bumper if I remeber correctly. Check to see if your lamp is grounded properly, it might be a quick fix.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom