Wiring issue.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy,

So I got my steel yesterday. I started building the roof rack frame. Tried out my new welder for the first time and also tested my welding skills for the first time in 8 years. It was a lot smoother than I expected. Just using flux at the moment but the welds seems to get pretty decent even without gas.

I'll post some pictures during the weekend probably when I have gotten some more work done.

Anyways, I have an issue with my wiring for my LED light bar and my Spot lights. What I want to do is to use my toggle switches to active the circuits for them but use my high beam to control them. Meaning I want them to be able (controlled by rocker switch) to be ON when the high beam is ON and I them to be OFF when high beam is OFF.

I know the Lexus has a switched ground situation going on (new to me). So what I did was. I measured the high beam circuit, positive and ground cable and it has 0V until you turn them on then the circuit gets activated. So I plugged in my switch to the high beam circuit. Switch incoming trigger to high beam positive and switch ground to high beam ground. So now when I test the switch, sure enough it will only activate (upper LED light on switch turns on) when high beam is active. BUT the switch will send a trigger signal to the relay when either the high beam or low beam is on. Which makes no sense to me? I did a simple diagram please help out and tell me what's wrong with my set up because I’m lost here. Should I connect the ground for the Switches LED lights to the high beam ground as well?

[URL="http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b585/Marten_Medin/Switchdiagram_zps0b2120b3.jpg"] [/URL]

Thanks

///Marten

I'm not clear what's going on inside the switch. Is that a DPDT switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom