Wiring for temp sender '77 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
'77 2F Trying to hook up the wiring to the original instrument cluster (PO had aftermarket cluster for oil and temp). Got the oil hooked back up but need some questions answered about the temp sender wiring. Where does the wire coming from the sending unit join the wire harness? It's a desmogged 2F. Thanks for any help.

In my ‘82 the temp sender wire in the barrel connector is yellow with a greenish stripe IIRC......
E37CB539-3941-4FB2-95E3-ADBCDD7A63F5.jpeg

It really depends if you are a Federal Spec, or California spec truck.
The wire can be White and be part of a sub-harness if California spec.
The wire is Yellow/Green on Federal spec trucks.
In both cases, the wire exits the harness between the wiper switch (6 pin connector with mostly blue stripes wires) and dash pad light wires.
IMG_7343W.JPG

I’m familiar with that barrel connector diagram from scanning the forum. And it doesn't quite match up with mine. I'm wondering if mine might be a cali spec. It has an oil cooler on it if that matters. Does that make it a cali spec? Anyway, I asked the forum about the connector that I'm holding in the pic below and the thought that it was for the carb cooling fan (which I don't have). Would the white wire that I circled in red maybe be the temp sending wire? Thanks again guys.

:rolleyes: Sorry for being a dumba$$:bang:. Not the first time i've done that. Here's what I meant to send.

IMG_1818.JPG

It looks like there are two white wires bundled together. They're kind of discolored so look a little yellow but I don't think either of them is actually yellow. They do go under the dash and look to join the harness somewhere close to the wiper switch.

IMG_1824.JPG

IMG_1825.JPG

I believe that there were 2 temp senders originally. One went to emissions system and other went to the gauge. Would these pics above be those 2 wires?

One looks like blue and other looks greenish. I can’t make out any stripes on either one.

79A83F76-32AE-41E4-90C7-966B9FFF9D34.jpeg

I found those two colors on a schematic. Those two wires go back to the Cooling Fan timer computer. They are the temp sensor switch input wires. California spec trucks only.

Ok. So they are temp sensor input wires for the Cooling fan timer. Then would one of the 2 lighter colored wires down stream from those and on the same bundle be for the temp gauge? I'm referring to the 2 wires circled in red in one of the pictures above. Thanks for your help and expertise Coolerman. Much appreciated!

Coolerman,
It looks like the wires for my temp sending units were cut and I’m missing the connectors for them. Cali spec ‘77 and I found a pic on the forum of the 2-pin connector that’s missing. Attached is a pic of the connector. Was checking to see if you had anything that would work or could point me in the right direction.

8324F432-D51C-48ED-88DF-60BACB6F0764.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom