Wiper linkage bushing - Replace or upgrade? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched up and down for some answers, but I have come up short in the 40 section. Plenty of talk about this topic in the 60 series area, but doesn't translate to my situation.

I am putting my wiper linkage back in and the plastic bushing for the motor is cracked, so once the motor spins the linkage pops off. My extra set of linkages are also damaged as such. The plastic bushing seems to be riveted to the arm.

Please tell me there is an simple fix to this.

There has got to be a way to fix this besides just replacing the entire linkage.

Pictures may help.... maybe someone who can 3D print them or maybe will allow others to see what your discussion is about.
My first thought is 3D printing but maybe a brass bushing or some other form of product could be utilized.

Shows some good photos, but no solution other than replace the entire part.

I had the same problem and couldn't find a replacement. My bushing was in good shape but had a small crack that allowed it to pop off occasionally. In desperation, I drilled a small hole into the "stud" of the motor, installed a small screw and washer to effectively trap the arm in place. This fix has worked well for many years. Good luck!

Found this picture online to indicate where to drill.

Fotor_158447523176642.jpg

Bingo! I will update some photos when I knock this out.

Source a linkage with exactly similar size bushes (diameter & depth) of some other vehicle from a used parts shop.
Measure the exact length of your linkage with worn bushes.
Cut the ends of both linkages & weld good ends of sourced one to your linkage to the measured length & to the same orientation.

Bringing this one back... @Advrider639 did you find a bushing or drill through the ball on the motor? I have the exact problem with my wipers and searching for a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom